Investigation Discovery to Kick Off 2014 with Slew of Premieres
This January, Investigation Discovery (ID), America's favorite "guilty pleasure" network, resolves to ring in the New Year with a programming slate jam-packed with mystery and suspense. January will mark ID's biggest month of premieres in network history with five all-new and eight returning hit series.
The holidays are a time of keeping good company and reconnecting with friends. But in three all-new riveting series, ID will leave you wondering how well you truly know a person. Premiering Wednesday, January 8 at 10/9c, WEB OF LIES reveals tales of Deception triggered by the online world. From black widow wives hiding behind alter-egos to obsessive lovers enacting their disturbing violent fantasies, each episode untangles the truth behind the web of lies. On Monday, January 13 at 9/8c, MURDER COMES TO TOWN brings light to the darkest and most sinister secrets in towns where neighbors turn against each other. Evil lurks behind the white picket fences and strikes without warning. Finally, IMPOSTORS, premiering Friday, January 24 at 10/9c, explores the quickest and riskiest path to success: deceit. When hard work doesn't pay off, there are some who will take great lengths to get noticed - even if that means adopting a false identity.
These new series join the previously-announced originals OBSESSION: DARK DESIRES, where women share their emotional stories of survival against obsessive stalkers premiering Tuesday, January 14 at 10/9c; and TABLOID, hosted by the king of tabloid television, Jerry Springer, premiering Thursday, January 16 at 10/9c. Springer peels back the curtain to probe the most bizarre, larger-than-life stories you can't possibly imagine.
ID also welcomes back eight returning original network series to its January slate. Premieres include:
· Season two of My Dirty Little Secret on Wednesday, January 1 at 9/8c asks how far you would go to keep a big, bad secret from being spilled. Would you kill?
· All-new stories of friendships gone wrong are investigated on season two of FRENEMIES: LOYALTY TURNED LETHAL beginning Thursday, January 2 at 9/8c.
· Scorned: Love Kills returns Saturday, January 4 at 10/9c for a third season that examines the dark side of love fueled by senseless motives.
· Murders committed in the harshest of climates are explored in season three of ICE COLD KILLERS starting Tuesday, January 7 at 8/7c.
· Redrum returns for season two on Tuesday, January 7 at 9/8c following murder investigations backwards in time.
· Who The (Bleep) Did I Marry? reveals the shocking secrets spouses have been hiding from their loved ones in an all-new season premiering Saturday, January 11 at 8/7c.
· Deadly Sins returns Saturday, January 11 at 9/8c for a third season that reveals scandalous crimes driven by the most basic of human instincts - the seven deadly sins.
· Dark secrets of small town America are exposed on NIGHTMARE NEXT DOOR, returning for season four on Friday, January 24 at 9/8c.
ID's full January programming slate follows below:
WEB OF LIES
Premieres Wednesday, January 8 at 10/9c
In the online world, you never really know who you're talking to. This series reveals stories of Deception and homicide triggered by online interactions. From the black widow wives hiding behind alter-egos to jilted lovers stalking their exes, from obsessive lovers enacting their disturbing fantasies to shocking tales of kidnap, violence and Deception - each episode follows stories with jaw-dropping twists and turns as the web of lies is revealed.
MURDER COMES TO TOWN
Premieres Monday, January 13 at 9/8c
Beyond the boundaries of ordinary life, there is another world that lies just outside of town, where places have no names. Investigating forgotten communities and shallow graves past the perimeters of society, MURDER COMES TO TOWN reveals what can happen in these solitary and desolate places. Gripping tales of Betrayal and murder unfold as told by friends, family, and neighbors of the deceased. In places mere minutes from town but millions of miles from civilization, normal rules don't apply, and absolutely anything can happen.
OBSESSION: DARK DESIRES
Premieres Tuesday, January 14 at 10/9c
When desire overtakes reason, the human mind can unleash deadly obsession. OBSESSION: DARK DESIRES provides a chilling look into the mechanics of an obsessive mind and the devastating impact of delusional fantasy. Women share their emotional stories of survival against obsessive stalkers who would do anything to satisfy their all-consuming infatuation.