Eight Young Singers Advance on LA VOZ KIDS Season Premiere
|Telemundo Announces Nominees for 3rd Annual PREMIOS TU MUNDO|
July 15, 2014
|Telemundo is June's Fastest-Growing Spanish Broadcast Network|
July 07, 2014
|Telemundo's LA VOZ KIDS Finale Delivers Over 2.6M Total Viewers|
June 10, 2014
|Winner of Telemundo's LA VOZ KIDS to Be Revealed 6/8|
June 03, 2014
|Related: LA VOZ KIDS, Telemundo|
The second season premiere of Telemundo's highly anticipated music competition "La Voz Kids" kicked off with an electrifying performance from the three superstar Coaches: Prince Royce, Roberto Tapia and Natalia Jimenez, that set the tone for the evening competition loaded with energy, enthusiasm, passion and incomparable talent. The first Blind Audition show resulted in the selection of eight children from California, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada and Puerto Rico who will now be coached as they prepare for the next stage in the Battle Rounds.
After hundreds of kids from across the nation attended the local castings, only 118 kids were selected to go to Universal Studios Orlando to compete in the Blind Auditions. During last night's two-hour premiere, each contestant had 90 seconds to impress the Coaches, with only their voice. In an episode full of emotions, the three Coaches fought passionately to select their first team contestants. At the end of the Blind Auditions, each team will have 18 contestants who will participate in the Battle Rounds, leading to the ultimate selection of the "La Voz Kids" second season winner.
PRINCE ROYCE, the winning coach from the show's first season, added three members to #TeamRoyce:
· YOANDRI CABRERA, 14 years old from Miami, Florida. He likes to sing Pop music and finds his inspiration from the music idols of past generations.
· SARAH SILVA, 10 years old from Banning, California. She loves romantic, Regional Mexican songs, and has found great support for her music from her grandfather.
· AMANDA MENA, 11 years old from Lynn, Massachusetts. She likes to sing Pop and learned from her parents that dreams can become a reality even if sacrifice is part of the journey. She received a well-deserved standing OVATION from the coaches for her first performance!
The "heart" of "La Voz Kids," ROBERTO TAPIA, selected three voices for #TeamTapia:
· ERICK DOMINGUEZ, 14 years old from Richmond, California. He loves to sing Regional Mexican and at his young age, has been able to avoid street violence by concentrating in his passion for music.
· JACOB ANDERSON, 11 years old from Las Vegas, Nevada. He loves to sing Pop and has already conquered many fans with his talent.
· GENESIS PAZ, 10 years old from Perris, California. She likes to sing Regional Mexican, and had the three coaches fighting for her. She dreams of one day helping find a cure for cancer using her love of music.
The new face of "La Voz Kids," NATALIA JIMENEZ, chose two female contestants for #TeamNatalia:
· YANELIS RIVERA, 13 years old from Lares, Puerto Rico, was the first contestant to perform last night. She likes to sing Pop and wants to show the world there are no obstacles that can get in the way of reaching your dreams.
· PATRICIA ROSARIO, 14 years old from Yabucoa, Puerto Rico. She likes to sing Pop, and took a big risk singing one of Natalia's biggest hits. Her mission is to break all stereotypes by means of her music.
The "La Voz Kids" Coaches continue their search during next Sunday's Blind Auditions, when a new group of young voices fight for their dreams to become The Voice of the future on the hit Telemundo music competition.
Photos available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46szv5l5iw71k3e/js9bPnVbMb
Promo video: https://www.hightail.com/download/elNLYnUzT2IyWGZxYk1UQw
The musical performances - msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/La_Voz_Kids/videos
Follow the Teams and get to know the kids - http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/La_Voz_Kids/teams
Pictures of the best moments of the night - http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/La_Voz_Kids/photos
Polls: Support your favorites - http://msnlatino.telemundo.com/shows/La_Voz_Kids/rankit
For exclusive access to all the behind-the-scenes action from La Voz Kids, visit Telemundo.com and LaVozKids.com. Viewers can follow the excitement via Facebook.com/LaVozKids (http://file///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.Outlook/ML410U9I/Facebook.com/LaVozKids), Twitter.com/LaVozKids and Instagram.com/LaVozKids using #LVK, #TeamTapia, #TeamRoyce, and #TeamNatalia.
Every week, after "La Voz Kids," viewers can enjoy "Suelta La Sopa Extra" (10pm/9c), hosted by Penélope Menchaca, and featuring an exciting hour of behind-the-scenes and exclusive moments, contestant reactions, and previews of the following week's show. Last night, Music star and Coach Natalia Jimenez, Paola Guanche, winner of the first season of "La Voz Kids," alongside host Jorge Bernal and telenovela star/singer Shalim Ortiz, were the special guests on The After show offering their own experience and perspective of the music competition.
"La Voz Kids" is a presentation of Talpa Media USA Inc. The show is created by John de Mol, who is the Executive Producer, along with Stijn Bakkers and Katrina Fernandez.