ABC Series LAST RESORT & GREY'S ANATOMY Rock Ratings
ABC, GREY'S ANATOMY, LAST RESORT
Up against big competition during the 8 o'clock hour from NBC's special THE VOICE, CBS' top-rated comedies (THE BIG BANG THEORY/TWO AND A HALF MEN) and Fox's THE X FACTOR Results Show premiere, ABC freshman LAST RESORT returned after its preemption the prior week with gains of 8% in adults 18-49 and 25% in adults 18-34 from two weeks ago. The new show also spiked 25% with men 18-34 over its last telecast to equal its best number since early October - since 10/11/12.
One of the biggest percentage gainers via DVR playback for any 8pm show this season, ABC's LAST RESORT adds on 2.3 million viewers and shoots up by an impressive 56% (+1.0 rating) in adults 18-49 from the next-day L+SD numbers to the final L+7 numbers.
· The ABC freshman drama continued to deliver double digit year-over-year growth in its time period. In fact on average, LAST RESORT is boosting its hour for ABC by 29% in total viewers and by 47% in adults 18-49 over the same point last season with original drama programming.
More than doubling its lead-in among Adults 18-49 (+129%) at 9pm, ABC's GREY'S ANATOMY won its hour to register as thursday's #1 drama for its 5th straight telecast this season. Leading the 9 o'clock hour by double-digit percentages among adults 18-49, GREY'S beat out CBS' PERSON OF INTEREST by 10%, Fox's GKEE by 33% and NBC's THE VOICE-fueled comedies (THE OFFICE/PARKS AND RECREATION) by 45%. Jumping in DVR playback this season, GREY'S builds by 3.5 million viewers and by 1.7 adult 18-49 rating points from its next-day numbers to its L+7 finals.
· GREY'S grew over its most recent airing two weeks ago by 5% in total viewers and by 7% in Adults 18-49.
· Season to date, GREY'S ANATOMY is up over the same point last year in both viewers (+6%) and young adults (+2%).
ABC's SCANDAL once again posted a close second-place finish to CBS' ELEMENTARY in the 10 o'clock hour (pacing within 2-tenths of a rating point in adults 18-49), while running way ahead of NBC's ROCK CENTER WITH BrIan Williams in total viewers (+39%) and adults 18-49 (+82%). Additionally, SCANDAL continued to beat out ELEMENTARY to stand as the #1 scripted TV show in its slot in adults 18-34 and across all key women (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Posting large increases from DVR playback, on average this season the ABC 10 o'clock drama surges by 2.4 million viewers and by 40% in adults 18-49 over its first-reported L+SD numbers to its Live + 7 Day results.
· SCANDAL tied its 2nd-strongest adult 18-49 rating this season. In addition, the show matched a season high with women 18-49, equaling the series 2nd-highest number ever.