IDENTITY THIEF Tops Worldwide Box Office Results for Weekend of 2/10
|SLEEPING WITH OTHER PEOPLE Coming to Digital HD and DVD|
November 10, 2015
|Melissa McCarthy Chides Critic, 'Watch What You Say to Your Daughter'|
May 17, 2015
Rentrak Corporation(RENT), the global leader in box office measurement, today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of February 10, 2013 as compiled by the company's Box Office Essentials and International Box Office Essentials theatrical measurement services.
Topping the worldwide box office this weekend was IDENTITY THIEF, starring "Horrible Bosses'" Jason Bateman and "Bridesmaids'" Melissa McCarthy. In the all-star comedy, a regular guy is forced to extreme measures to clear his name. With everything to lose after his identity is stolen, he'll find out how crazed you can get trying to settle a bad credit score.
Rentrak's President of Theatrical Worldwide, Ron Giambra commented, "Identity Thief is the new No.1 film in the world, with an estimated weekend gross of $36.8 million ($36.6 million coming from the US and Canada). Django Unchained is still No. 1 internationally with an estimated weekend of $18.7 million and a new worldwide cume of $341.6 million. Also, both Wreck-It Ralph and Les Miserables have crossed the $200 million mark internationally."
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, February 10, 2013 are below.
- Identity Thief - Universal - $36.6M
- Warm Bodies - Lionsgate - $11.5M
- Side Effects - Open Road - $10.0M
- Silver Linings Playbook - The Weinstein Company - $6.9M
- Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters - Paramount - $5.8M
- Mama - Universal - $4.3M
- Zero Dark Thirty - Sony - $4.0M
- Argo - Warner Bros. - $2.5M
- Django Unchained - The Weinstein Company - $2.3M
- Bullet To The Head - Warner Bros. - $2.0M
- Top Gun - Paramount - $1.9M
- Lincoln - Disney - $1.9M