BroadwayWorld.com

Profile for dramamama611

Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact members.
Birthday: - - -

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • What's Up With Bette?  Nov 25 2014, 11:44:13 AM
    It's her opinion. It sounds like she was specifically asked about it, not that she was just going off on her.

With age, comes wisdom.
  • Get Away with Murder - ratings  Nov 22 2014, 04:47:54 PM
    Thats the way a LOT of writers work. They see where the characters "take them".

And then s/he has to make it work by the end.
  • Intersex did you know it exists?  Nov 22 2014, 05:34:17 AM
    I had to look at the date to see if this was a freakishly old thread!
  • 10 Things Millenials Don't Understand about Madonna  Nov 16 2014, 10:03:21 AM
    These kind of personal "vendettas" (of sorts) just drives me nuts. Lists like this, or those list of 20 things that only people that are "xxxxxx" can understand, or what never to say to "xxxxx" have so gotten out of control.

Why have we become a society that is so dependent on approval from stangers?
  • What do you listen to other than showtunes?  Nov 16 2014, 09:55:39 AM
    I'm pretty diverse as well, and it has a lot to do with my mood. Interestingly enough, I learn about newer music through my students.
  • Project Runway All Stars Season 4  Nov 15 2014, 08:37:21 AM
    Since NEITHER thread has been bumped, I figured I'd just choose one.

Loved last nights episode, but bummed about who went home on a personality level -- but I did think the design looked weak.

I was kind of hoping though, that maybe they were going to get an actual costume challenge.

I thought the judges were pretty spot on.
  • The Newsroom Season 3  Nov 15 2014, 08:31:48 AM
    I loved the season opener. I like the direction it seems to be taking. Since its a world I have little knowledge, I don't care how real it is!

Can't wait for tomorrow night.
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 06:16:02 PM
    I didn't mean to imply that "you" couldn't -- just that there's the way many of us would HOPE we'd react, and they way we actually do. Until each of us is faced with the same scenario, we really don't know how we'll react.
  • That Smackdown On The F Train  Nov 12 2014, 05:17:25 PM
    Easy to say^, but why should he have to retreat with his tail between his legs. He did NOTHING wrong. At all. Only so much sh!t a human being should have to put up with.
  • Macaulay Culkin reportedly found dead.  Nov 9 2014, 08:46:40 AM
    And I was suppose to know that, how? They. I was just trying to help. Sheesh.
  • Macaulay Culkin reportedly found dead.  Nov 8 2014, 01:05:05 PM
    And maybe you should erase the title or replace it with DELETE
  • Project Runway All Stars Season 4  Nov 7 2014, 07:54:48 AM
    You have to blame the directors and editors for that: they ask all the leading questions for those voice overs and interviews. They likely continue to ASK him to mention it.

And yes, it was lovely, and it was so great to see the other contestants truly be happy for him and his design.
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 5 2014, 10:55:39 AM
    1. Please stop saying "good English". It is incorrect. (and therefore, you cannot apply for the job.)
    2. You are reading too much into it. I understand the wording to mean: I want you to speak English well, at the level of a well-spoken native speaker.

OBVIOUSLY, she doesn't want anyone that butchers the English language regardless of whether or not it is their first language.

I believe the term that is used is: at the LEVEL of a first language.
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 5 2014, 09:30:08 AM
    It didn't require it BE your first language, just that your communication skills were as good as native speaker. (Or what we'd like a native speaker to achieve, anyway.)

Let's not make mountains out of molehills.
  • Pals subjected to horrifying homophobic attack for singing songs from the musical Wicked  Nov 5 2014, 09:28:15 AM
    The most frightening thing being the way the attacker mobilized others to join in.

(To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to be subject to the singing, either. Your rights only go so far as they infringe upon mine.[Well, in this country] And I am not condoning the attack in any way.)
  • is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 5 2014, 09:24:44 AM
    Is it worded awkwardly? Sure, but not really a huge deal.

I wouldn't hire someone I'd be working closely with that didn't speak English well. Remember this person will be communicating with the actor as well as representing her.

• is this for REAL?!?!?!?!  Nov 4 2014, 10:36:57 AM
    It doesn't sound that bad -- what do you think assistants DO? Now you understand why some of these assistants are invaluable.

(And we've seen worse.)
  • Voting can bring you down  Nov 4 2014, 07:55:45 AM
    Isn't what you are truly angry about APATHY of the general voting population? People that can't bother to get involved in any true intellectual way and either DON'T vote or simply vote along party lines?

The real problem is the voting public....they want change but are unwilling to actually work to see that change happen.

I have a friend that screams about term limits constantly. To him I say that we HAVE term limits -- its called THE VOTE. When your constituency is unha
  • Classical music is HOT!  Nov 3 2014, 03:25:16 PM
    Thanks for the giggle!

(I liked the bassoonist(?) with the blonde man bun.)
  • Student tickets  Nov 3 2014, 09:25:38 AM
    Why not look at the other thread you started, several of us gave you information.

Advertisement