BroadwayWorld.com

Profile for dramamama611

Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact members.
Birthday: - - -

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • BIG BROTHER 16  Jul 21 2014, 07:34:42 PM
    The whole Efron thing was weird. (Although Efron does have an amazing body.)
  • Tootsie  Jul 20 2014, 10:20:42 PM
    Yes, Jordan, that's it. Gave me a whole different respect for Hoffman (whom I've always thought was pretty wonderful.)

And Dabney Coleman - ah, sigh...

There are so many gems in that movie.

"But I was a better man with you, as a woman... than I ever was with a woman, as a man. You know what I mean? I just gotta learn to do it without the dress."
  • Tootsie  Jul 20 2014, 06:49:30 PM
    Love it!

Not too long ago, an interview with Hoffman about the film was floating around (I don't remember if it came here). in which he talked about what he learned from playing Dorothy.

It was quite beautiful.
  • The Detroit Water Shutdown  Jul 20 2014, 02:29:04 AM
    How does this have ANYTHING to do with Obama??
  • Malaysian Airliner 747 crashes. Did Russia shoot it down?  Jul 17 2014, 11:09:10 PM
    My news just reported that there has been NO confirmation whether there are any Americans on board, but did mention there may have been as many as 80 children.
  • Malaysian Airliner 747 crashes. Did Russia shoot it down?  Jul 17 2014, 06:09:26 PM
    One belief seems to be that the missile was never intended for the plane. One THEORY is that the missile missed its intended target, but since it is a heat seeking weapon, it found the plane.

How incredibly sad. And, of course, how bizarre for two tragedies to happen to the same airline, within such a short time.

Rest in peace to all the innocent.

(All planes have been diverted, NONE are flying over anywhere near the Russia/Ukraine border.)
  • What are your 2nd and 4th favorite plays?  Jul 15 2014, 12:05:54 AM
    Probably the most accurate of any of the quizzes that go around! (I do hate when the sheep are out of order! Baa!)
  • What are your 2nd and 4th favorite plays?  Jul 14 2014, 07:26:05 PM
    The Taming of the Shrew
    August: Osage County
  • So You Think You Can Dance Season 11  Jul 12 2014, 05:30:51 PM
    I watch the show religiously. (I just don't think to jump on here to commet!) And yes, the right people went home last week. I found that other years there have been a wider span of ages, but it certainly doesn't bother me...it's not like they didn't get the chance.

I think Mary HAS calmed down a bit in the last few years.

I couldn't agree more about Liff. Kind of interesting how Nigel (in particular) will point out when he feels the choreographer is at least partially to b
  • is anyone else upset about the idea of a frozen musical?  Jul 12 2014, 05:24:58 PM
    Well, considering it already IS a musical, I don't see what there is to be UPSET over. If this UPSETS you, you need to better understand the things going on in the world or even your own country.

It's going to be YEARS before its ready for the stage, but if you don't want to see it, don't.
  • Six Flags Great Aventure Dicounts?  Jul 11 2014, 03:11:16 PM
    I wouldn't think there are too many around since this is prime time for them. Have you checked on Coke cans?
  • I really miss Victorious  Jul 10 2014, 04:01:41 PM
    It was LIKE make believe????
  • I really miss Victorious  Jul 8 2014, 08:05:54 PM
    Something you need to realize: this show was meant for tweens and young teenagers. MOST of the people here are adults. I've seen the show, because my kids watched it when it first ran. THEY don't even talk about it and they are only 17 and 13 now. It was typical nik/Disney fare where the characters were all smarmy and had no use of adults and everything worked out perfectly in the end.

Yes, much of the cast had some real talent, but the show itself was lame to the general non kid wor
  • Well, I guess that's $9000--no, $23,000--that won't be going to charity...  Jul 8 2014, 04:13:50 PM
    This guy was on one of the morning shows. Seemed pretty sincere and said he is looking to see what kind of good he could do with the money. (Something about kickstarter not allowing the money go directly to charity?)
  • suggestions for a great deli  Jul 5 2014, 05:36:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, we are only in the city for the day, getting in just before noon and seeing two shows so getting downtown is out of the question.

I'd heard of Bens, so getting the thumbs up is great.

Thanks again for the info. Bubie will be thrilled!
  • suggestions for a great deli  Jul 4 2014, 10:11:03 PM
    In the Times Square area, please. My now southern mum is visiting and really wants deli. (kosher not necessary) Deli is not my go to, and the few I went to are no more.

Thanks in advance foe any suggestions.
  • Let's list the huge number of reasons people love Michelle Obama  Jul 4 2014, 11:39:33 AM
    Class.
    Amazing role model.
    More class than most Americans, particularly those that talk trash about her.
  • An apology to BWW users for what I said on Obama's job as President.  Jul 4 2014, 11:35:57 AM
    Because Kathy Bates and Matt Damon are the beacons of political approval?

• RIP Meshach Taylor  Jun 28 2014, 03:48:40 PM
    No way! I had DW on this am as well!

Rest in Peace.
  • The Animal World of BWW season 2  Jun 27 2014, 12:41:31 PM
    Great additions!