Profile for dramamama611

Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact members.
Birthday: - - -

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • Theatrical Rights Worldwide  Apr 20 2014, 07:18:54 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Now if I could just pick a musical! Argh.
  • She's ready for Broadway!  Apr 19 2014, 10:38:32 PM
    Sue?
  • Soprano Audition Song Advice?  Apr 19 2014, 05:54:57 PM
    NM....I forgot you said you were in the UK. Here in the states, you don't have to sing unless you are going for MT.
  • Soprano Audition Song Advice?  Apr 19 2014, 03:23:30 PM
    It's never going to be the song that makes you stand out, but what you do with it. While its not a bad idea to avoid the overdone, you really need to find songs that are right for you. Being a soprano isn't really a lot to go on. What types of roles have you played and excelled with?
  • You CAN'T PUNCH A CHILD!  Apr 19 2014, 12:31:33 PM
    Because saying "like" is her biggest offense.

Her parents are the ones that deserve to be smacked around -- they allowed/encourage this to be acceptable behavior.
  • Theatrical Rights Worldwide  Apr 19 2014, 12:24:28 PM
    I'm considering a show that TRW holds the rights to and wanted to know info from anyone that has done so.

Any comments you can give me about working with them, including price -- even if its simply more expensive, less expensive, ballpark -- that you might have would be appreciated.

I've never gone through them before and just wanted to hear some feedback.

TIA.
  • Trying to recall name of a Topic  Apr 18 2014, 06:25:52 PM
    I think I remember reading those Les Miz vids were taken down.
  • Same-Sex Marriage & it's Legality - Opinions  Apr 10 2014, 08:09:27 PM
    Either it's legal (state by state) or it's not. I'm not sure what kind of opnion you are actually looking for.

Additionally, why are you only seeking opinions from "homosexuals"? Doesn't everyone have an opinion?

• Which Classic Movies Have You Seen?  Apr 6 2014, 06:19:04 PM
    136. I, too, question the list: how can a movie made within the last 5-10 years be a "Classic"? It has yet to stand the test of time!

I was suprised how many of the films I had never heard of, however. That easily accounts for 15-20 of the ones I haven't seen.
  • 70 things you'll never hear a New Yorker say  Apr 6 2014, 05:21:28 AM
    I laughed at the Duane Reade comment.

But does ANYONE actually say most of those things?
  • Ode To Billy Joe  Apr 6 2014, 05:08:50 AM
    Yup, I saw it back then. With Robby Benson it was a hit with teenagers, especially. I remember hearing that (in addition to approving of the gay storyline) when they first began turning the song into a film, Gentry admitted she had no notion as to why Billy Joe killed himself. So she was open to possibilities.

Edited for stupidity.

• New RAMEN/SUSHI joint in the Theatre District.  Apr 5 2014, 03:43:30 AM
    Any idea of when? (And thanks for the tip!)
  • How I Met Your Mother finale tonight  Apr 1 2014, 05:14:42 AM
    Loved the moment Barney met his baby. But other than that: meh. Granted, I was not a huge fan, but found it mundane. And, while I believe that you can find love more than once, I just thought this cheapened his relationship with Milioti's character.
  • Recommendations for Food/Recipe Magazines?  Mar 31 2014, 07:40:26 PM
    There are also some great online cooking resources if you interested.

One of my favorites is skinnytaste.com While the emphasis is on healthy/lower calorie stuff, I haven't tried a single thing that was delish and easy to make.
  • The Muppets Most Wanted  Mar 30 2014, 09:55:02 PM
    So then, which DID you mean?

And wow, there was a Muppet from Space??????? I just forgot about Xmas Carol and Caper.
  • The Muppets Most Wanted  Mar 30 2014, 09:03:10 PM
    The FIRST movie came out before you were born (1979). This is the fifth movie (unless I'm forgetting one.)
  • Now I kinda want to see NOAH  Mar 29 2014, 04:59:26 PM
    Boycotting? Isn't that just "not paying for a ticket"?

I've nothing BUT this being a hot mess.
  • Girl scout cookies no go!  Mar 28 2014, 05:39:15 PM
    Just to note: to those of you thinking this happens all the time, the article is from October and I while I know I saw it back then, I don't remember if it was here on BWW or elsewhere.
  • Nascar's Jeff Gordon in gay relationship.  Mar 26 2014, 02:17:31 AM
    The "paper" looks like a rag to me. Every article is negative and trashy.
  • Does the college you attended, really determine your success?  Mar 24 2014, 04:43:07 AM
    I think some schools position you better for the professional world (showcases, connections, learning about the business side of things -- agents, auditions, etc) but it's certainly not foolproof.

It's more important to find the right college FOR YOU, than a right college.