BroadwayWorld.com

Profile for dramamama611

Edit Your Profile |

Click to Enlarge
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact members.
Birthday: - - -

Most Recent Message Board Posts:
  • disabled acting programs  Apr 20 2015, 10:57:35 AM

I'm not sure you need a specialized program, Bryan.  Just one that you feel comfortable with that you can share your concerns about your disability.  I have disabled kids all the time (both physical limitations and learning issues) in my classes....it's never created a problem.

I also doubt there are a lot of people from Maine here on the boards.  And to be fair, I'm not sure if what you are looking for exists.  Especially if you are talking ab

• West Side Story Help?  Apr 20 2015, 10:52:14 AM

It's not a very big role, but she'll be highlighted in a few scenes.  The movie has her in Cool, but I can't remember if she is in the stage version -- but I don't think so. She's Riff's girlfriend.

Costume wise, a long pencil skirt with a thick belt and a sweater set (tight) would work well. 

• Has anyone been to a taping of The View?  Apr 13 2015, 09:57:20 AM

I agree!^

• I'm NOT a Fan of Facebook  Apr 13 2015, 09:55:54 AM

You do know that you don't have to make these awful people your fb friends, right?   You can also make sure your profile and account are private.  And, then, if you "only" signed up for it to bang a broad, you never need to open the site again.

Problem solved.

• Need help with a novel I'm writing!  Apr 7 2015, 05:25:20 PM

"Here in southeast Michigan where I'm from, the drama class was taught by an English teacher and it was graded on more of a participation basis. That same teacher was also the director of the plays our school did, while he and the choir teacher would co-direct the musical productions.
    In my school, the tech was done by students, but the costumes, sets and props were done by parent volunteers (usually ones who were also professionals; a friends mother was a s

• Things to do in New York  Apr 5 2015, 10:06:30 AM

Roxy....why do yak about crap you know nothing about?  They run tours every day...although I have no idea what they do during a matinee.It's actually not a bad tour - but a lot depends on the a rural guide.  I took a large group a few years ago, we were sit I to 3 staggered tours, two of them had a great e experience, one did not - because of the guide.

• Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act  Apr 2 2015, 02:43:19 PM

I was wondering how long this would take.  Remember how people went ape $hit over Chik fil A?

• Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act  Mar 31 2015, 06:56:51 PM
    Oh, good lord, the man apologized. He's trying to be more understanding. Continuing to ride his a$$ makes you look like a bully.

Change is not easy for anyone.
  • Help With a Title?  Mar 31 2015, 08:31:03 AM
    You're welcome....IS that the play?
  • Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act  Mar 31 2015, 08:26:07 AM
    The law doesn't go into effect until June or July, I believe.

But there was a report of a business refusing to serve what they believed to be a gay couple.
  • Help With a Title?  Mar 30 2015, 01:59:03 PM
    PS Your Cat is Dead.

I don't know the play very well, but I do know that one or two characters are gay.
  • Website Update  Mar 24 2015, 05:35:21 AM
    What exactly seems to be wrong with it??
  • LOOKING - Season 2  Mar 23 2015, 07:27:51 PM
    It certainly didn't FEEL like a finale.
  • Legally Blonde Audition  Mar 20 2015, 07:48:50 PM
    Shill. Note this idiot trying to make money.
  • My Best College Audition Song!  Mar 20 2015, 07:47:32 PM
    If either if you were doing cent shills, you'd know this board gets no activity.
  • Casting directors  Mar 15 2015, 07:04:08 PM
    Oh, child.

WHY would you think that 1. there are any casting people here or that 2. they would give you professional advice for free???

Have you even LOOKED at this site, to see how it works? People snark almost as much as talk about the entertainment business. And that nearly always has a tendancy to turn nasty.

• Sound of Music to turn 50 - Film  Mar 9 2015, 05:48:30 AM
    And?

It's not like that's a little known fact. It was even a major point of the Oscars.
  • Can you hear this?  Mar 3 2015, 09:58:02 AM
    If I turned the volume up, I could hear all but the last single sound. My teenage daughter, however, is in the room and they were PAINFUL and WEIRD for her to hear. It was pretty funny to watch her squirm.
  • Shatner Disses Nimoy  Mar 2 2015, 05:49:41 AM
    Basically it's none of your damn business! Who are you to pass judgement? You should be ashamed of yourself, truly.

• What famous person will you cry for when they die?  Feb 28 2015, 04:24:39 AM
    I don't think I've ever cried for a celebrity. Can't imagine I will. I've felt sadness, few a few minutes, but that's about it.