Sixth Edition of Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual by Jonathan Pickup is Released
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. recently published an updated version of the popular training guide for Vectorworks Architect software: "Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual, Sixth Edition" by author and architect Jonathan Pickup. The project-based training workbook was updated for use with Vectorworks Architect 2014 software and provides instruction about concepts including 2D drafting, simple 3D modeling, and file organization.
"The new edition of the Vectorworks Architect Tutorial Manual is a must-have for anyone looking to master their skills in Vectorworks 2014," said Rubina Siddiqui, senior product specialist - BIM solutions at Nemetschek Vectorworks. "One of the most important key elements to learning our software is knowing the ins-and-outs of those basic concepts, and that's exactly what this tutorial provides. Architects and designers can always count on Jonathan Pickup's tutorials to get them to the next level."
Additional concepts covered in this guide include:
- Basic concepts of layers and classes and how they relate to developing an office layer and class standard
- Using the Property Line tool
- Creating and manipulating site models and using them for height-to-boundary analysis
- Walls and wall type library
- Linking stairs between layers, controlling stair graphics and saving the settings for other projects
- Making a quick model of a project using spaces for bulk and location analysis
- Using annotation tools, title blocks, and the notes database to quickly annotate your plans
Notes and practice exercises throughout the tutorial and on an accompanying DVD provide additional guidance, and the DVD also includes a PDF copy of the book with embedded, narrated movies that depict steps documented in the text.
This book is a part of Nemetschek Vectorworks' self-paced training options and builds on principles found in the newly released "Essentials Tutorial Manual, Sixth Edition," also written by Jonathan Pickup. To view sample chapters or purchase our tutorials in the United States, please visit http://www.vectorworks.net/training/guides.php. For international orders, please contact a Nemetschek Vectorworks distributor at http://www.vectorworks.net/international. Note: The manual is available in English only.