Author Michio Kaku and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to Headline the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Book Fair
Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist and author of New York Times' list topping "The Future of the Mind," is one of 31 best-selling science-related and children's book authors (and characters) who will be signing books during the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Book Fair, hosted by Anderson's Bookshops.
The Book Fair is part of the 3rd USA Science & Engineering Festival Expo, hosted by founding and presenting sponsor Lockheed Martin, taking place April 26 and 27 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in D.C. from 9am to 6pm daily. Designed to inspire the next generation of scientists, the Festival is a free, family-friendly expo that allows kids and adults to participate in more than 3,000 hands-on activities and see more than 150 stage performances.
"We are excited to share these brilliant writers with future innovators," explained Larry Bock, Festival co-founder. "We must entice more young people into STEM careers to remain competitive in the global marketplace. Our Book Fair line-up of outstanding thinkers and authors will help us capture young people's imaginations."
Many of the authors are trained scientists, engineers and educators; others are physicians, athletes, and journalists and editors. Many will be presenting as well as autographing. Below is a sampling of other participating authors:
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, basketball legend and "What Color is My World?" author
- Danica McKellar, "The Wonder Years" actress and "Math Doesn't Suck" author
- David Macaulay, illustrator and "The Way We Work" author
- Nate Ball, host of PBS's "Design Squad" and "Alien in My Pocket" author
- David Pogue, journalist and "Science of Everything" author
- John Sotos, science writer for "House" and "The Physical Lincoln" author
- Jeffrey Bennett, astrophysicist and "Max Goes to the Space Station" author
- Rebecca Klemm, mathematician and "Hello Numbers" author
Two participants are themselves the subject of STEM-related books: