Comscore

Judy Kuhn Love Thread

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 4/25/12 at 12:52pm
She has one of my favorite voices ever, I mean ever! And her range is huge, both as a singer and an actress.

Rosa Bud
Bella
Cosette
Florence
Maria/Futura
Amalia
Betty Schaeffer
Fantine

Bella and Cosette couldnt be more different in both character and vocal range...in one season.

Now, I need her to add another character to that list:

Mrs. Danvers!!!
"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 4/25/12 at 01:13pm
Oooooooh!
benrimalower
Swing
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 4/25/12 at 03:06pm
Love, love, love her.

I made this video about it for Jeffery Self's web series:

Self-Obsessed: Ben Rimalower on Judy Kuhn
MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 5/21/12 at 02:16pm
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 01:20pm
"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
Broadway Star
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 01:39pm
Did anyone see her as a board member on ELEMENTARY last night?
This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...
WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 01:44pm
Yes, I noticed her immediately!
sondheimboy2 Profile Photo
sondheimboy2
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 03:25pm
I'm surprised that no one has posted this yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdnxeo7iGtw

(The song is so cheezy that you could serve it in a fondue pot, but I loved it ever since a friend of mine in Scotland sent it to me on a cassette, back when the show came out. I'd love to hear two guys sing it.)

I remember that she was supposed to take over for Maria Friedman in "The Woman in White", when Maria got ill, but the show closed before that happened. I was no big fan of "Woman" but I was sorry that Judy never got to play it.
"A coherent existance after so many years of muddle" - Desiree' Armfelt, A Little Night Music "Life keeps happening everyday, Say Yes" - 70, Girls, 70 "Life is what you do while you're waiting to die" - Zorba
Jim Colyer Profile Photo
Jim Colyer
Broadway Star
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 08:03pm
Judy Kuhn is cool. I met her in 1969.
Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 10:27pm
I adore her Jule Styne CD. Always lamented her absence on the She Loves Me recording. Her Laura Nyro CD is also fantastic. Her slow tempo "Stoney End" is heartbreaking.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
Updated On: 10/26/12 at 10:27 PM
WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel
Broadway Legend
Judy Kuhn Love Thread
Posted: 10/26/12 at 10:30pm
I'm watching Elementary right now and loved seeing Kuhn, even though she needed a bigger role.
Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Page:

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement