STAGE TUBE: Natalie Weiss Launches BREAKING DOWN THE RIFFS Fan Contest!
BroadwayWorld's own Natalie Weiss, who regularly brings us her hit webseries BREAKING DOWN THE RIFFS, has just launched a contest for fans of the show. Check out the rules below and watch the video for specifics on how to enter. May the best riffer win!
1. Film yourself hosting a mock episode of BDTR. Your riff breakdown should follow my standard BDTR formula.
2. Find a volunteer who can serve as your guest in the video, and teach them your riff breakdown.
3. If you're using an iPhone, please film horizontally!
4. Your video should not exceed three minutes.
5. Email your original video file (.mov) along with your name and Twitter handle to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "BDTR Contest."
6. Videos must be submitted by September 15th, 11 PM EST
BREAKING DOWN THE RIFFS features YouTube Sensation, Natalie Weiss, "breaking down" her favorite riffs for singers of all skill levels. From Beyoncé to Smokie Norful, Natalie fearlessly and systematically tackles complicated riffs with her quirky sense of humor and positive attitude, making even the most impossible sounding riffs approachable, fun, and easy to learn. The show's motto: With a little practice and determination, ANYONE CAN RIFF! #BDTR"
Natalie recently completed a 2 1/2 year run performing multiple ensemble roles on the Les Mis 25th anniversary tour. In 2010, she made her Broadway debut understudying the Menonettes in Everyday Rapture, starring Sherie Rene Scott. She also performed in the ensemble, and understudied Elphaba in the 2nd national tour of Wicked, was an American Idol season 4 semi-finalist, and has performed the National Anthem at both, Cowboys Stadium, and Shea Stadium, and released a self-titled debut CD in early 2011. She's also been performing sold out solo concerts, and master classes, across the country.
Click Here to Play!