Harry Connick Jr. In Concert Opens on Broadway
Grammy and Emmy Award winner, Tony Award nominee and multi-platinum recording artist Harry Connick, Jr. returns to Broadway in Harry Connick, Jr. IN CONCERT ON BROADWAY which opened last night, July 15. This limited engagement of 11 performances only will play the Neil Simon Theatre (250 West 52nd Street) through Monday, July 29. Harry Connick, Jr. IN CONCERT ON BROADWAY is presented by James L. Nederlander and Broadway Across America.
Tickets range from $136.50 - $51.50 and are available at ticketmaster.com and via phone at 800-745-3000.
Over the past two decades, Harry Connick, Jr. has proven to be among the world's most successful and multi-talented artists. While he first reached a mass audience as a pianist, singer and bandleader, his subsequent success in film, television and theatre have secured his place in the public eye as a renaissance man and a versatile entertainer second to none, garnering him three Grammy Awards and an Emmy Award, as well as two Tony Award nominations. Following a sold-out concert series at Broadway's Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in 1990 and Tony nominations for his performance in The Pajama Game and his music and lyrics in Thou Shalt Not, Harry Connick, Jr. is happy to return to Broadway. Raised in New Orleans, Connick first performed publicly at age five, appeared on his first recording at age ten and released his self-titled major-label debut on Columbia Records at 19. Since then he has recorded over 24 albums which have garnered sales of over 25 million, and is ranked among the top best-selling male artists in the United States by the Recording Industry Association of America. His most recent album, "Your Songs," was released on Columbia Records in 2009, featuring Harry's versions of 14 classic popular songs. Film credits include Memphis Belle; Little Man Tate; Copycat; Independence Day; Hope Floats; My Dog Skip; The Iron Giant; The Simian Line; P.S., I Love You; New in Town; Mickey; Bug; and Living Proof. Connick has contributed music to several films including When Harry Met Sally (leading to his first multiplatinum album), The Godfather III and Sleepless in Seattle. Television credits include "When My Heart Finds Christmas" (CBS) and "Harry for the Holidays" (NBC); two Great Performances (PBS) specials: "Swingin' Out Live" and "Harry Connick, Jr.: Only You in Concert" (2004 Emmy Award); "The Happy Elf" (NBC); "South Pacific" (ABC); and "Will & Grace" (NBC, recurring role of Dr. Leo Markus).
The playing schedule for Harry Connick, Jr. IN CONCERT ON BROADWAY is as follows: Mondays and Wednesdays through Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 7pm.
- BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Laura Osnes Edition
- BWW Photo Exclusive: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Louis Hobson Edition
- BWW Photo Exclusive: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Joe Hart Edition
- The Record : Issue 5 - Alice Ripley
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Melissa Van Der Shyff Edition
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Claybourne Elder Edition
- Photo EXCLUSIVE: BUSTED! BONNIE & CLYDE Stars Confess Their Guilty Pleasures - The Jeremy Jordan Edition