Full Coverage: GHOST THE MUSICAL Opens - Photos & Reviews Roundup
Last Night, Tuesday 19 July, Ghost the Musical opened in the West End at the Piccadilly Theatre where guests included McFly, JLS, Kimberly Walsh, Rochelle Wiseman, Joe McElderry, Lord and Lady Archer, William Baker, Michael Ball, Karren Brady, James Dreyfus, Jennifer Ellison, Bob Geldof, Rupert Graves, LeAnne Jones, Lorraine Kelly, Richard O'Brien, Arlene Phillips, Craig Revel Horwood, Frank Skinner, Denise Van Outen and Helen Worth.
Check out photos below by photo by Sean Ebsworth Barnes and then keep scrolling down for our complete review roundup!
Richard Fleeshman and Caissie Levy lead the cast in Ghost The Musical playing Sam and Molly in Matthew Warchus' stage musical version of the Academy Award® winning film. Accompanied by Sharon D Clarke as Oda Mae Brown and Andrew Langtree as Carl, Ghost The Musical has new music and lyrics by Grammy® award winning Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard as well as featuring the iconic song Unchained Melody. Oscar® winning Bruce Joel Rubin has adapted his original screen play for the stage. Set and costume designs are by Rob Howell, choreography is by Ashley Wallen with musical supervision and arrangements by Christopher Nightingale, illusions by Paul Kieve, lighting by Hugh Vanstone and projection design by Jon Driscoll.
A timeless story about the power of love, Sam is trapped as a ghost between this world and the next trying to communicate with his girlfriend Molly through a phoney psychic in the hope of saving her from his murderer. Ghost, based on the Oscar® winning Paramount Pictures film, features new music and lyrics as well as the classic Unchained Melody.
Ghost, the highest grossing film in the UK in 1990, starred Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, Tony Goldwyn and Whoopi Goldberg and was directed by Jerry Zucker. Winning two Academy Awards®, Bruce Joel Rubin's script won the Oscar® for Best Original Screenplay and Whoopi Goldberg won the Oscar® for Best Actress in a Supporting Role. The film's iconic love scene at a potter's wheel was famously performed to The Righteous Brothers' Unchained Melody. Ghost The Musical is currently booking for performances at the Piccadilly Theatre until 28 January 2012.
McFly attend the opening night of Ghost the Musical
Jonathan JB Gill, Chloe Tangney, Aston Merrygold, Rochelle Wiseman, Marvin Humes
- Review Roundup: HENRY V at Noel Coward Theatre
- Review Roundup: WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT? BACHARACH REIMAGINED
- Review Roundup: Tricycle Theatre's ONCE A CATHOLIC
- Review Roundup: NO MAN'S LAND & WAITING FOR GODOT Open on Broadway - All the Reviews!
- UPDATED - Review Roundup: Broadway-Bound ALADDIN in Toronto
- Review Roundup: THE COMMONS OF PENSACOLA Opens Off-Broadway
- Review Roundup: MACBETH Opens on Broadway - All the Reviews!
- Review Roundup: STRANGERS ON A TRAIN at the Gielgud
- Review Roundup: Re-Imagined SIDE SHOW at La Jolla Playhouse
- Review Roundup: EAT PRAY LAUGH!- Dame Edna's Farewell