The Aspern Papers

ag_6
Swing
Swing
The Aspern Papers#0
Posted: 2/22/06 at 3:24pm
Hey guys, am new here! My friend sent me this release. I LOVE Henry James and this sounds really exciting! Don't know much about Adam Baylis though, but my friend (who's even more in the know than me) says that he's one of the youngest and most talented producers/directors, composer etc whos making their way into west-end business. Does anyone kno the URL to the company's site? Or know anymore? Sorry if this is old news!

Heres the release:

ADAM BAYLIS THEATRICAL TO ANNOUNCE PRODUCTION OF THE NEW ADAM BAYLIS MUSICAL ‘THE ASPERN PAPERS’

Adapted from the famous Henry James Novella, THE ASPERN PAPERS is to hit British musical theatre in 2007. Written, directed and composed by award-winning Adam Baylis, orchestrated by Adam Baylis and Katie Long and Designed by Simon Wells.

“I am thrilled to be bringing Aspern to the Stage. With such a young but experienced and talented creative team, it’s guaranteed that we have one of the most exciting, passionate and exhilarating new musicals for many years.”

The show is to be produced by Adam Baylis Theatrical whose previous credits include off west-end productions of ‘Our Country’s Good’ ‘Restoration’ and the critically acclaimed ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ which won three Southern Curtain Call awards.

“I’ve listened to and read the initial score and libretto. THE ASPERN PAPERS is such a lush, romantic and magical piece on paper and this will be reproduced to such a grand scale on-stage” Says Production Designer Simon Wells.

THE ASPERN PAPERS is a most inspiring tale of love, mystery and the pursuit for true freedom.

Fifty years after poet Jeffery Aspern’s death, a young professor travels to Venice in pursuit of Mrs Bordereau, the old woman whom it is rumoured to have harboured a love affair with the famous romantic poet. Posing as a lodger, he views Bordereau’s strange, sheltered and yet beautiful young niece Miss Tina as the doorway to the illustrious and priceless Aspern Papers.

What follows is a magical and suspenseful tale of undiscovered love, betrayal, greed and passion that soars from the dark and threatening Bordereau palazzo, through the enchanting streets and canals of Venice and atop St. Marks Bell Tower.

One of the main songs from the show: ‘Believe in Me’ is to be released as a stand-alone single in late 2006. As online teasers, ABT will also be releasing midi samples of the melodies and orchestrations of some of the highlights to ‘acquaint people to the music of THE ASPERN PAPERS.’ An Original Cast Recording of the show is also planned to coincide with the opening of the musical in 2007.

Final details of the cast and creative team are yet to be announced.

Release Date: 15 Feb 06.