Page: 1

Rebecca??

Emilia Profile PhotoEmilia Profile Photo
Emilia
Stand-by
Stand-by
Rebecca??#0
Posted: 10/24/05 at 7:05am
Ok I've looked everywhere else so I'm asking here if anyone is 'in the know' on this, the current tour production of 'Rebecca' (which is amazing- as is Nigel Havers) has on all it's promotional material 'Prior to West end and Broadway' does anyone know when it will be transfering? they have tour dates until december and as I can't be in any of those towns I'm hoping for a west end run very soon!

thanks
em
'It was six hours! I don't even like to have sex or eat bacon for six hours!' 'You are faboulous creatures each and every one'
TheComposer Profile PhotoTheComposer Profile Photo
TheComposer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Rebecca??#1
Posted: 10/24/05 at 2:51pm
The only Rebecca Musical I know is going to be staged in Vienna at the Raimund Theater. ( As far as I know the production team first had plans to stage the Show in London but decided against it. I guess this was based on the previous work in Vienna (Mozart/Elisabeth)).The show is due to start in Sep 2006.
Keep an eye on their website at www.musicalvienna.at
Rgds
Mike
re: Rebecca??
Emilia
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Rebecca??#2
Posted: 10/25/05 at 5:09am
Sorry I wasn't that clear the 'Rebecca' I was talking about is a play (based on Daphne DuMaurier's book)thanks for the help though.

On furthur invesitgation I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a theatre in the west end is vaccated in the near future to give this great play a chance there

em
'It was six hours! I don't even like to have sex or eat bacon for six hours!' 'You are faboulous creatures each and every one'
TheComposer Profile PhotoTheComposer Profile Photo
TheComposer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Rebecca??#3
Posted: 10/28/05 at 5:18am
Oh, I guess you are talking about this Rebecca:

New Wimbledon Theatre
London
United Kingdom
Mon, 31st October 2005 - Sat, 5th November 2005
The genius and romance of Daphne Du Maurier's great thriller is brought to the stage in a new adaptation by the Tony Award winning writer Frank McGuinness.

Set in Cornwall, Maxim De Winter and his new wife return to Manderley, the place of his first wife Rebecca's death and a past sinisterley guarded by the housekeeper, Mrs Danvers. All is not what it seems...

Nigel Havers as Maxim De Winter leads a large cast in breathtaking production from the multi award winning team of director Patrick Mason, designer Robert Jones and lighting designer Howard Harrison.

Following the timeless book loved by generations and Alfred Hitchcock's Oscar winning film, the Tony Award winning producer of Art and The Play What I Wrote presents a spellbinding new stage version before the West End and Broadway. his Rebecca:
Emilia
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Rebecca??#4
Posted: 10/31/05 at 4:02am
yup thats the one! I'm slightly happier now because I'm managing to see it in Bath next week now :)