Page: 1

Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?

Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#1
Posted: 6/12/10 at 5:12am
Congratulations to Catherine Zeta-Jones who is awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.

Tomorrow night at the Tony Awards, could she also be crowned queen of the broadway musical season? Few would bet against her!!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#2
Posted: 6/12/10 at 5:17am
Well deserved!

I do think its time Angela Lansbury became a Dame, if we can have Dame Julie Andrews (dont get me wrong, very well deserved) who has lived out of the UK for what, at least 40 plus years? surely Angela can be! I know Angela has lived outside of the UK most of her life, but still, she was born here.
Updated On: 6/12/10 at 05:17 AM
Hulmeman Profile PhotoHulmeman Profile Photo
Hulmeman
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#2
Posted: 6/12/10 at 2:07pm
What the hell has Catherine Zeta Jones done to benefit the UK or it's citizens? Therefore to deserve such an honour?

She moved to the USA to benefit only one party - herself, she has had a great success in one show (ALNM) and thus reflected some glory on her homeland.

Now tell me what she has done to deserve the second or third highest honour?
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#3
Posted: 6/12/10 at 2:59pm
I couldn't agree more Hulmeman. But I think this is given in recognition of her charitable work. I cannot see how it would be solely for her film work.

Being Welsh doesn't hurt her cause either. She was about the only one left in the entertainment industry from Wales who hadn't been honoured!! Dame Shirley and Sir's Tom Jones and Anthony Hopkins!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#4
Posted: 6/12/10 at 3:42pm
You guys need to know that Catherine is involved deeply in 3 hospital projects for sick children and in the last 7 years have given the same amount in ponds to those charities! Just last summer she gave 2M to a breast cancer unit in Cardiff! She is a fairy godmother to at least 5 terminally ill children in the Cardiff and Swansea area!
She has also given a lot of money to theatre projects in Wales and England.
You obviously are not aware that major stars etc who give away millions every year to worthy charities don't wont the publicity that you may want to see, they just want the chosen charities to get the money and get on with helping sick people.
SO HULEMAN, what the hell have you done for the citizens of the UK recently????????????
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#5
Posted: 6/12/10 at 3:43pm
I think her film, tv, charity and now theatre work (dont forget when she was yunger she worked a lot in the uk) makes her worthy and a good representation of the UK abroad, certainly no less worthy than the many of people that have gone before her. At least she hasnt gone straight to being a Dame!! **cough** kelly holmes **cough**

As for moving to the states, well she is hardly alone in that.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#6
Posted: 6/12/10 at 3:57pm
Before the show opened and again when it close she will be in Swansea every 6 weeks for around 2 weeks a time at least.
She enjoys the hands on stuff with the charities.
She loves her homeland will never ever sever ties with it.

Angela Lansbury severed all ties with the UK over 50 years ago. Im not saying she is undeserving of the recognition that Catherine has had but Catherine is very much more a British citizen than Ms Lansbury has been.
Updated On: 6/12/10 at 03:57 PM
Hulmeman Profile PhotoHulmeman Profile Photo
Hulmeman
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#7
Posted: 6/13/10 at 1:59am
"SO HULEMAN, what the hell have you done for the citizens of the UK recently????????????"

Nowt, but then I haven't been made a CBE.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Zeta-Jones perfect weekend?#8
Posted: 6/13/10 at 9:09am
lol, me neither! x