SHEAR MADNESS Celebrates the Holidays and Helps the Less Fortunate
The cast of SHEAR MADNESS joined the Off-Broadway League in recognizing the needs of the less fortunate this holiday season - particularly imperiled children - and collected toys and games for the OFF BROADWAY TOY DRIVE, benefiting Safe Horizon, the largest non-profit victim services agency in the United States, touching the lives of more than 250,000 children, adults and families affected by crime and abuse throughout New York City each year. Thanks to the generosity of our friends at TTTP.com (Twitter-@ttpm; Facebook, Instagram-@ttpmofficial) the folks at Shear Madness were able to make their collection all the more special this year.
SHEAR MADNESS recently began its second year as New York's favorite comedy whodunit on November 11th. Performances continue at the Davenport Theatre (354 West 45th Street). Tickets are now on sale for performances through June 30th 2017, through Telecharge.com.
Shear Madness is America's hilarious whodunit where the audience gets to solve the crime. Set in a local hair salon that turns into a wacky murder scene, the play is filled with up-to-the-minute humor and is different every time you see it! Bruce Jordan directs a cast that also features Jordan Ahnquist, Priscilla Flowers, Gil Brady, Lisa McMillan, Patrick Noonan, and Jonathan Randell Silver.
Shear Madness opened on November 11th 2015 to rave reviews! Here are just a few highlights:
- The New York Times said "An audience pleaser as fresh as the latest news cycle! Filled with plenty of silliness, sly double entendres and an astonishingly durable, inclusive spirit of fun, Shear Madness is genuinely all-ages, well-oiled entertainment."
- Hollywood Reporter said Shear Madness "proves the definition of a guilty pleasure! So giddily funny it's infectious! There's a reason Shear Madness is a long-running hit: it's genuinely funny, with up-to-the-minute laughs and a talented cast that brings it to comic life. All of the performers shine. The action begins before curtain time with very funny bits. Be sure to arrive early and you'll have a good time."
- Time Out New York adds: "Captivating entertainment whipped up for those who find fictional murder uproarious. Regularly infused with pop-topical references, Shear Madness wins and keeps on winning! Director Bruce Jordan has gathered an excellent cadre of character actors for Shear Madness's belated New York premiere."
- Daily News declarEd Shear Madness "Shamelessly humorous, harmless fun! Like a mash up of Nancy Drew and Clue, Shear Madness tests the audience's powers of observation and asks them to share their two cents about whodunit."
- Huffington Post called it "Fun, shameless and downright hilarious! It doesn't matter how it sounds, Shear Madness is consistently entertaining! Comically fractious character/audience member encounters can and do ensue. As a friend I ran into during the interval said to me, 'At first I was laughing at it, but now I'm laughing with it.' You will be, too. You surely won't feel as if you've been clipped."
Regular performances are Monday & Wednesday at 7pm, Friday & Saturday at 8pm, Sunday evenings at 7:30, with matinees Wednesday & Saturday at 2pm, and Sunday at 3pm.
PHOTO CREDIT: Spanky McCumin