Latino Theater Company Celebrates 30 Years With “Dia de los Muertos” Gala Event
Latino Theater Company's 10th annual Gala - The Latino Theater Company celebrates 30 years of success with a fundraising "Dia de los Muertos" gala event featuring a cocktail reception, silent auction and gourmet dinner. Honoring public figures who have dedicated their careers and lives to servicing the arts in Los Angeles, LTC's Marco Antonio Firebaugh Legacy Award will be presented to Senate President Pro Tempore Kevin de León; retired partner of Latham & Watkins Donald P. Baker; Executive Vice President of Sony Pictures Entertainment John Naveira; and General Manager of Goya California Robert A. Unanue. The company's Lupe Ontiveros Dream Award will go to Associate Artistic Director of Center Theatre Group Diane Rodriguez. Proceeds from the event will benefit the Latino Theater Company's productions as well as outreach programs that contribute arts education and cultural enrichment to our city.
For 30 years, Latino Theater Company has created and produced groundbreaking, thought-provoking, award-winning theater, contributing new stories and methods to the American theater repertoire. Since 2006, LTC has operated the Los Angeles Theatre Center, an 80,000 square foot arts complex located in downtown Los Angeles, where the mission is to provide a world-class arts center for those pursuing artistic excellence; a laboratory where both tradition and innovation are honored and honed; and a place where the convergence of people, cultures and ideas contribute to the future.
Saturday, Oct. 22
• 6 p.m.: cocktail reception and silent auction
• 7 p.m.: program, dinner and dessert
The Los Angles Theatre Center
514 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles CA 90013
• To purchase tickets, call (866) 811-4111 or go to www.thelatc.org
• For sponsorship information, call (213) 489-0994
• Like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/theLATC
• Follow us on twitter and instagram: @theLATC
• Metered parking available on streets surrounding the theater
• Parking lots range in price from $6 - $12
• Take the Metro: nearest stop is Pershing Square (two blocks west of LATC)