NBC Sports Gold Launches 2017-18 'Cycling Pass' Including Coverage of TOUR DE FRANCE
NBC Sports Gold -- NBC Sports Digital's direct-to-consumer live streaming product -- has launched its "Cycling Pass" for the 2017-18 season, giving fans in the U.S. access to more than 25 races from July 2017 through June 2018, beginning with the Tour de France.
New this season, the "Cycling Pass" features expanded coverage of the Tour de France, including more than 30 bonus hours of exclusive HD coverage (full details below) as well as the addition of more than 15 new races including the Volta a Catalunya, Colorado Classic, UCI Road World Championships, Cyclocross World Cup and Track Cycling World Championships. The direct-to-consumer pass, powered by Playmaker Media, will stream coverage live and on-demand, to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
NBC Sports Gold's "Cycling Pass" includes live streaming coverage, full event replays, and highlights for all 21 stages of the Grand Tour races Tour de France and Vuelta a España, Monument Classics, including Paris-Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, and more. The "Cycling Pass" can be purchased in advance of the 2017 Tour de France for $39.99 starting today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com. Purchases now through June 18, 2017, will include the remainder of the 2017 Critérium du Dauphiné as well as the 2017 Tour de Suisse.
NBC Sports Gold will present expanded coverage of the 2017 Tour de France, offering viewers live, commercial-free coverage, as well as the ability to pause the video. While streaming live coverage, viewers will also have access to a live GPS tracking map to follow the riders' progress, an enhanced interactive map for each stage, full stage video replay, highlights, and short?form video clips.
Additional elements include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- The best of the 2016 Tour de France
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage
- Full stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including "Feed" for news, "Track" for GPS, "Standings" for rider standings in every jersey category, "Riders" for comprehensive rider information, and "More" for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold's coverage.
NBC Sports Gold is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital's technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.