Broadway Marketing Agency Serino/Coyne Announces New Leadership Team and Plans to Relocate to Madison Avenue
Serino/Coyne, one of the nation's leading live-entertainment marketing agencies, today added new members to its leadership team, each representing critical roles for the future of the firm. Serino/Coyne CEO Angelo Desimini announced the appointments to underscore the firm's desire to continue delivering powerful marketing and business strategies for its clients as they work together to deliver top notch entertainment to audiences around the world. In addition, the agency will be relocating to a new space on Madison Avenue, in the heart of the advertising industry.
"Serino/Coyne has transformed into an integrated marketing firm known for the creation of customized campaigns that are inventive, creative and lasting for each client we represent," said Desmini. "There's little debate: the marketing landscape is exploding, demanding new skills to differentiate, break through and connect with audiences. Our newly appointed leadership team of experienced industry trailblazers will partner with the many best-in-class agencies within the DAS Group of Companies to solve our clients' marketing challenges. With this new structure in place and reinvented office space just outside of Times Square, we're staking Broadway's rightful place, on Madison Avenue and bringing powerhouse global brands to Broadway."
The newly expanded leadership team will have positions focusing on data analysis and insights, research and CRM, creative and content development, digital services, community building and media services, as well as business and talent engagement. The following promotions are effective immediately:
• Matt Upshaw, formerly a group director, was promoted to vice president of account management and insights. Upshaw will focus on ensuring that each account management team delivers clients with excellent service and attention. In addition, he leads the insights department in analyzing proprietary data, ticket sales and media performance, to maximize sales results for our clients.
• Kim Hewski, who previously served as a group director, was promoted to vice president, research and customer relationship management. In this role, Hewski will utilize Serino/Coyne's industry-leading qualitative and quantitative research capabilities to bring relevant and actionable customer-focused thinking to each campaign.
• Vinny Sainato, formerly executive creative director, was promoted to vice president, creative development. In his new role Sainato is charged with creating cutting-edge, engaging creative.
• Tom Callahan, formerly executive creative director, was promoted to vice president, creative strategy. Callahan will develop high-impact, insight-driven creative approaches for each campaign.
• Jim Glaub, director of content and community, was promoted to vice president of content and community, where he will lead social engagement, content strategy and digital distribution.
• Scott Yambor, formerly senior director, media services, was promoted to vice president of media services. He is responsible for developing and negotiating integrated media opportunities that are strategic, effective and cost efficient.
• Leslie Barrett, director of integrated marketing, was promoted to vice president of business engagement. Barrett will continue to oversee the marketing division and will assume responsibility for ensuring a seamless integration of agency services and positive client experience.
• Beth Schefflan, who previously served as vice president, human resources, is now vice president of talent engagement, ensuring Serino/Coyne continues to attract and cultivate the very best talent.
In addition, Michele Groner, a live-entertainment marketing veteran, has joined the agency in the new role of vice president of strategy and planning. Groner will be responsible for seamlessly aligning each of these critical areas. Groner has nearly 20 years' experience in marketing, having held senior positions on both the agency and client side of the business. Groner most recently served as vice president of sales and marketing at Stage Entertainment USA, and previously spent nine years at Disney Theatrical Productions, where she served as director of marketing and brand strategy. Groner is familiar with Serino/Coyne, having worked as a senior account executive at the firm until 2002.
Opening on Monday, Nov. 23, Serino/Coyne's new offices at 437 Madison Avenue co-locate the firm and its leadership team closer to other advertising, media, research and analytics firms, offering even more opportunities for alignment with brands and companies interested in live entertainment partnerships.
Based in New York, Serino/Coyne is a part of the DAS Group of Companies. They handle the marketing campaigns for hits such as Wicked, Disney's Aladdin and The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys, An American in Paris, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical, as well as this season's China Doll, On Your Feet!, Misery, Dear Evan Hansen and Tuck Everlasting, in addition to Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Second Stage Theater, Key Brand Entertainment, American Express, Stage Gauge, Broadway HDand the Tony Awards. Additional Serino/Coyne information can be found at http://www.serinocoyne.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SERINOCOYNE, or on Twitter at @serinocoyne.
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.