NBC NIGHTLY NEWS, NBC
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending March 14, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. As the search and investigation surrounding the missing Malaysia Airlines plane unfolded, over 9 million Americans tuned into the NBC broadcast for the latest news and analysis.
Compared to the same week last year, Nightly posted growth in both total viewers (+12%) and the key demo A25-54 (+6%).
Season-to-date, Nightly is currently posting its biggest audience (9.501 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC World News (+1.192 million) since the 2000-01 season.
· Nightly delivered 9.019 million total viewers, +960,000 more than ABC World News' 8.059 million and +2,370,000 more than CBS Evening News' 6.649 million.
· Nightly averaged a 6.0/12 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 5.4/11 and CBS' 4.6/9.
· Nightly delivered a 1.8 A25-54 rating, tied with ABC and +4 tenths more than CBS's 1.4 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.199 million viewers, +99,000 ahead of World News' 2.100 million, and +547,000 ahead of Evening News' 1.652 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 235 consecutive weeks, and in 282 of the past 283 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 276 of the past 277 weeks.
NOTE: Brian Williams was off Wednesday - Friday. Also, this was the first week following the switch to Daylight Saving Time when, historically, viewing levels tend to decline.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams." For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.