Heidi Klum, Neil Patrick Harris to Guest Judge on First Season of Lifetime's UNDER THE GUNN; Competing Designers Announced
Lifetime's newest fashion competition series, Under the Gunn (#UnderTheGunn), premieres January 16, 2014, at 9pm ET/PT. The series' Emmy(R) Award-winning host Tim Gunn selected three past Project Runway luminaries, Mondo Guerra, Anya Ayoung-Chee and Nick Verreos, to each lead a group of designers to fashion stardom. They will have to nurture and inspire their band of hopefuls week-after-week to ensure their designers' looks impress the program's judges, including designer Rachel Roy; celebrity stylist Jen Rade, creator of some of the most iconic red carpet looks in Hollywood; and TV fashion correspondent and Marie Claire Senior Fashion Editor Zanna Roberts Rassi. Under the Gunn will feature guest judges Heidi Klum, Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother), musician Macklemore, actors Jaimie Alexander (Thor), Zoey Deutch (Vampire Academy), Zendaya (Disney Channel's Shake It Up), designers Georgina Chapman (co-founder of Marchesa) and Trina Turk, and costumer Wendy Partridge, and special appearance by Sarah Hyland (Modern Family, Vampire Academy).
Under the Gunn designers are:
· Amy Sim, 53, Hometown: Portland, OR
· Asha Daniels, 25 - Hometown: Cincinnati, OH
· Blake Smith, 25 - Hometown: Hoboken, NJ
· Brady Lange, 29 - Hometown: Portland, OR
· Camilia X Castillo, 47 - Hometown: Caracas, Venezuela
· Isabelle Donola, 33- Hometown: New York, NY
· Melissa Grimes, 29- Hometown: Birmingham, AL
· Michelle Uberreste, 29 - Hometown: Burbank, CA
· Natalia Fedner, 30 - Hometown: West Hollywood, CA
· Nicholas Komor, 26 - Hometown: Atlanta, GA
· Oscar Lopez, 40 - Hometown: Coral Gables, FL
· Rey Ortiz, 32 - Hometown: Anasco, Puerto Rico
· Sam Donovan, 23 - Hometown: Ashland, MA
· Shan Keith, 33 - Hometown: St. Louis, MO
· Stephanie Ohnmacht, 37 - Denver, CO
The winner of Under the Gunn will receive a cash prize of $100,000; a top of the line sewing and embroidery studio, courtesy of Brother International Corporation; an all-expense paid inspirational trip to Paris, courtesy of Blowpro the blowout experts, and Blowpro styling products; the opportunity to design the uniform for Benefit Cosmetics; a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine; a 2014 Lexus CT 200h; and the opportunity to design a collection sold exclusively at francesca's(R), your destination for unique clothing, jewelry and accessories.
Winner will also receive the opportunity to go to Benefit Cosmetics headquarters in San Francisco and work closely with the creative team to design a new uniform for the Benefit Cosmetics field team members. The designer will then travel to NYC for a national press conference unveiling the new design for benefit cosmetics to the top beauty and fashion editors.
The winning mentor of Under the Gunn will receive a 2014 Lexus CT 200h, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine and a spot as guest editor for one year.