'LEGO MOVIE' Constructs Weekend Box Office Win with $69.1 Million
Rentrak Corporation (NASDAQ: RENT), the leader in precisely measuring movies and TV everywhere, today announced the worldwide weekend box office estimates for the weekend of Feb. 9, 2014 as compiled by the company's Box Office Essentials™and International Box Office Essentials™ theatrical measurement services.
As the trusted standard for all studio box office reporting, Rentrak provides intelligence into overnight theatre-level reporting across the global theatrical market. Coupled with the official reported data, studios are able to analyze admissions and gross results in over 50 territories using Rentrak's suite of products.
Rentrak's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Warner Bros.' 'THE LEGO MOVIE' builds a worldwide following with an impressive$87.2 million worldwide with $18.1 million coming from 34 international territories. Disney's mega-hit 'Frozen' continues to march toward the $1 billionmark globally with $913.8 million through this weekend."
The top-12 domestic weekend box office estimates listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014, are below.
1. The Lego Movie - Warner Bros. - $69.1M
2. Monuments Men - Sony - $22.7M
3. Ride Along - Universal - $9.4M
4. Frozen - Disney - $6.9M
5. That Awkward Moment - Focus Features - $5.5M
6. Lone Survivor - Universal - $5.3M
7. Vampire Academy - The Weinstein Company - $4.1M
8. Nut Job, The - Open Road - $3.8M
9. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - Paramount - $3.6M
10. Labor Day - Paramount - $3.2M
11. American Hustle - Sony - $3.1M
12. Wolf Of Wall Street , The - Paramount - $2.6M