Elvis Crispo & More Set for PREMIOS TU MUNDO Tonight
Telemundo announced today the list of finalists for the 2013 edition of "Premios Tu Mundo" (Your World Awards). In addition, Daddy Yankee, Natalia Jimenez, Victor Manuelle, Christian Castro, Banda Los Recoditos, Voz De Mando, Elvis Crespo and Roberto Junior y Su Bandeño are among the confirmed performers for the star-studded awards show to be broadcast live tonight, August 15 at 8pm/7c from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. The special will also feature the anticipated arrivals pre-show "La Alfombra de Premios Tu Mundo." Details about this stellar event can be found at www.PremiosTuMundo.com. Fans can follow the excitement via Twitter @premiostumundo and Facebook.com/PremiosTuMundoTV, and join the conversation at #PremiosTuMundo.
Through fan voting and a selection process that combines the power of television, web, mobile and social media platforms, Premios Tu Mundo gives viewers the final say in what's hot in novelas, music, fashion, movies and sports, selecting from 20 competing categories, and making the winners a true reflection of the people's choice. After fan voting closed, the list of finalists includes top Latino music stars Don Omar, Pitbull, Prince Royce, Wisin y Yandel, Gerardo Ortiz and, Jesse & Joy; novela stars Rafael Amaya, Aracely Arambula, Christian Bach and Saul Lisazo; top Hollywood Latino stars such as Michelle Rodriguez and Zoe Saldaña; sport icons Lionel "Leo" Messi, and Chicharito Hernandez, among others (Full list of Finalists below). The winners for each category will be announced at the coveted awards show.
Daddy Yankee, the most renowned urban Latino artist comes to Premios Tu Mundo for the first time with his worldwide debut of "La Noche de los Dos." Daddy Yankee boasts more than eight million records sold, seven number 1 songs on the Billboard charts, a film box office hit and the best-selling Latin album of the decade, according to Billboard Magazine. In addition, former lead singer of Latin pop group La 5ª Estación, Natalia Jiménez, will also perform at the popular event. Natalia launched her solo career in 2011 with a successful self-titled debut album, writing the bulk of its 12 tracks and co-producing the entire set. Natalia has been recognized as one of the most influential women in Latin music.
Ready to bring fans to their feet is Víctor Manuelle, a successful Latin Grammy nominated Puerto Rican salsa singer and songwriter, known to his fans as El Sonero de la Juventud ("The Singer Of Youths"). He shares with Marc Anthony the record for most number-one singles in the Billboard Tropical Songs chart. Also performing at the awards show is Cristian Castro, one of the current bestselling Latin artists with 29 singles reaching the top of the Billboard Hot Latin Songs Chart. He was named by the publication as one of the top three leading artists on the history of the chart.
Bringing the regional Mexican flavor is Banda los Recoditos, from Mazatlán, Sinaloa, founded in 1989 by friends and family members of La Banda el Recodo de Cruz Lizárraga. Refashioned with a looser, hipper style that appealed to the emerging regional Mexican youth market, the band landed in 2010 a number-one hit in the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart with "¡Ando Bien Pedo!" Also from Mexico is Voz de Mando, a regional Mexican group from L.A., California, that broke through to mainstream success with the hit single "Comandos del M.P. (500 Balazos)" in 2010; reaching the Top Ten of the Billboard Regional Mexican Songs chart.
Ready to convey his mastery of merengue music and one of the genre's leading ambassadors is New York-born and Puerto Rican-raised vocalist Elvis Crespo, who reached the apex of contemporary Latin music with his signature song "Suavemente." He remains as one of the leading voices in tropical music. Viewers will also be treated to the sounds of Roberto Junior y su Bandeño, formed by banda music traditionalist Roberto Pérez Lizárraga who ventured into a successful genre fusion between banda and norteño called "bandeño," and his smashing summer hit "El Coco No" which further delved into fusion with electronic and cumbia.
COMPLETE LIST OF FINALISTS:
· Novela of the Year (Novela del Año): La Patrona, Pablo Escobar El Patrón del Mal, Pasión Prohibida, El Señor de los Cielos.
· Favorite Protagonist - Male (Protagonista Favorito): Andres Parra, Jencarlos Canela, Jorge Luis Pila, Rafael Amaya.
· Favorite Protagonist - Female (Protagonista Favorita): Aracely Arambula, Carla Hernandez, Monica Spear, Ximena Herrera.
· Best Villain - Male (El Malo Más Bueno): Christian de la Campa, Henry Zakka, Robinson Diaz, Tomas Goros.
· Best Villain - Female (La Mala Más Buena): Christian Bach, Fernanda Castillo, Rebecca Jones, Sara Corrales.
· Best Supporting Actress (Mejor Actriz de Reparto): Alexandra de La Mora, Angelica Celaya, Cynthia Olavarria, Kimberly Dos Ramos.
· Best Supporting Actor (Mejor Actor de Reparto): Diego Soldano, Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco, Jose Guillermo Cortines, Raul Mendez.
· The Perfect Couple (La Pareja Perfecta): Aracely Arambula & Jorge Luis Pila, Christian Bach & Diego Soldano, Maritza Rodriguez & David Chocarro, Rafael Amaya & Ximena Herrera.
· Legendary Actress (Primera Actriz): Christian Bach, Lupita Ferrer, Rebecca Jones, Surya Macgregor.
· Legendary Actor (Primer Actor): Henry Zakka, Javier Diaz Dueñas, Roberto Vander, Saul Lizaso.
· Party-Starting Song (Canción Comienza-Fiestas): "Damaso" (Gerardo Ortiz), "Limbo" (Daddy Yankee), "Pegaito Suavecito" (Elvis Crespo ft. Fito Blanko), "Por Que Les Mientes" (Tito el Bambino El Patrón ft. Marc Anthony)
· Most Popular Song of the Year (Canción Más Popular del Año): "Zumba" (Don Omar), "Incondicional" (Prince Royce), "Mirando al Cielo" (Roberto Tapia), "Algo Me Gusta de Ti" (Wisin y Yandel ft. Chris Brown & T-Pain)
· mun2 presents Best Music Video (mun2 presenta Mejor Video Musical): Alerta Zero - "Invencible"; Gerardo Ortiz - "Damaso"; Jesse & Joy ft. Mario Domm - "Llorar"; Wisin y Yandel ft. Chris Brown & T-Pain - "Algo Me Gusta de Ti."
· I'm sexy and I know it (Soy sexy and I know it): Aaron Diaz, Chino (Chino y Nacho), Gaby Espino, Pitbull.
· Fandango Cine's Latino Performance of the Year (Fandango Cine presenta Orgullo Latino en Hollywood): Jenni Rivera (Filly Brown), Michelle Rodriguez (Fast & Furious 6), Pitbull (Epic - Animated), Zoé Saldaña (Star Trek Into Darkness).
· Sports Sensation of the Year (Sensación Deportiva del Año): Chicharito Hernandez, Equipo Olimpico de Futbol - Mexico, Leo Messi, Orlando Cruz.
· Best Social Fan Club (#MásSocial): #AdamariFans (Adamari Lopez), #DuqueRios (Ximena & Fabian), #Roycenaticas (Prince Royce), #TeamMariaCeleste (Maria Celeste).
· Best Bad Luck Moment (Mejor Momento de la Mala Suerte): La Patrona, Pablo Escobar El Patrón del Mal, Pasión Prohibida' El Rostro de la Venganza.
· Best Reality Moment (Mejor Momento de Reality): Alerta Zero, Caso Cerrado, I Love Jenni, La Voz Kids.
Favorite Viral Video (Video Viral Favorito): Peter La Anguila & El Pichy Films - "El Estilo de Peter La Anguila," PSY - "Gangnam Style," Sofia Vergara - "Secret Diet," mun2 - "The Secret of La Chancla."