SLSO Single Tickets On-Sale Now for 2017-2018 Season
Today, the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra announced that single tickets for its 138th season are on-sale. Tickets for all Classical, Live at Powell Hall, Family, and Education concerts can be purchased online at www.slso.org, by calling 314-534-1700, or in person at the Powell Hall Box Office.
During the 2017/2018 season, SLSO audiences will enjoy a season-long celebration of Music Director David Robertson's remarkable tenure. It will be Robertson's 13th and final season with the SLSO. The 17/18 season also marks the orchestra's 50th year at Powell Hall. The subscription season begins Saturday, September 23, as Music Director David Robertson leads the SLSO in a program featuring works by Mozart and pianist Emanuel Ax.
Season highlights include:
- Season opening celebration of Mozart, including six piano concertos with Emanuel Ax; season finale features Swing Symphony collaboration with Wynton Marsalis and the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.
- Works include Beethoven's Missa solemnis, Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, Orff's Carmina burana, Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2, Ravel's Bolero, Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, Adès's Powder Her Face Suite, and U.S. premieres of Peter Ruzicka's Elegie: Remembrance for Orchestra, and Erkki-Sven Tüür's Solastalgia.
- Returning artists include SLSO Music Director Designate Stéphane Denève, Nicholas McGegan, Leonard Slatkin, Orli Shaham, Augustin Hadelich, Christine Brewer, Susanna Phillips, and Kelley O'Connor.
- Eighth season of live radio broadcasts of all Saturday subscription concerts on St. Louis Public Radio. Third season of "Night at the Symphony" on the Nine Network.
- Live at Powell Hall concerts, including some of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters like Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Jurassic Park, and North by Northwest. Additionally, Broadway's hottest artist, Leslie Odom Jr., will perform at Powell Hall, and tribute concerts, including The Music of John Williams, will feature the works of legendary artists.
- The four-concert Family Series featuring Athletes of the Orchestra, Rapped & Remixed, Pinocchio's Adventures in Funland, and A World of Make-Believe.
- Education Concerts for elementary, middle, and high school students designed to bring music to life both inside and outside the classroom.
The 17/18 season will also feature the following newly announced Live at Powell Hall concerts:
Meredith Willson's "The Music Man" at the Symphony
Saturday, May 12, 7:00pm
Sunday, May 13, 3:00pm
Celebrate Mother's Day weekend with one of America's most beloved movie musicals on the big screen, while the SLSO performs the original Academy Award-winning score live.
©2017 Meredith Willson Music LLC & Happy Valley Foundation. All Rights Reserved.
Tribute to George Michael
Friday, May 18, 7:30pm
Celebrate the life of one of the best-selling music artists of all time when the SLSO pays tribute to George Michael.
Music of Pink Floyd
Friday, June 8, 7:30pm
The SLSO gets in tune with its psychedelic side, along with guest conductor Brent Havens, a full rock band, lights, and lasers for The Music of Pink Floyd.
Music of Elton John & More
Friday, June 15, 7:30pm
Founded in 1880 and now in its 137th season, the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra is the second-oldest orchestra in the country and widely considered one of the world's finest. Under the leadership of Music Director David Robertson, currently in his 12th season, the SLSO strives for artistic excellence, educational impact and community connection while meeting its mission statement: enriching people's lives through the power of music. The SLSO presents a full season of classical programs and Live at Powell Hall concerts and hundreds of free education and community programs each year. Media partners include St. Louis Public Radio, 90.7 -KWMU, which broadcasts the SLSO's Saturday night subscription concerts live + The Nine Network, which regularly features SLSO performances on its Night at the Symphony program. In addition, the SLSO is known for its Grammy Award-winning recordings, Carnegie Hall appearances, national and international tours, innovative programming and extensive community engagement initiatives. www.slso.org