Mark Bittman And Bring HAPPY TOGETHER Tour to The Kauffman Center
Today, the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts announced two new performances in the Kauffman Center Presents series.
Food writer and cookbook author Mark Bittman will speak in Muriel Kauffman Theatre on May 23. The author of more than 20 books - including the best-selling, award-winning How to Cook Everything series - Bittman appears at the Kauffman Center in support of his upcoming cookbook, How to Grill Everything: Simple Recipes for Great Flame-Cooked Food. This event is presented in partnership with Rainy Day Books. Each admission package includes one hardcover copy of How to Grill Everything and one admission ticket. Admission packages are $43.50 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 14.
The Happy Together Tour brings its sunny classic rock songs to Muriel Kauffman Theatre on August 19. The tour features six headline artists who delivered some of the biggest rock hits of the 1960s and 1970s: The Turtles, Chuck Negron (formerly of Three Dog Night), Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, Mark Lindsay (former lead singer of Paul Revere & The Raiders), and The Cowsills. Tickets for the event range from $49 to $89 plus applicable fees and go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 14.
ABOUT MARK BITTMAN
Mark Bittman is the author of the How to Cook Everything series, the award-winning Food Matters, and the New York Times No. 1 bestseller, VB6: Eat Vegan Before 6:00. For more than two decades his popular and compelling stories appeared in the New York Times, where he was ultimately the lead food writer for the Sunday magazine and became the country's first food-focused op-ed columnist for a major news publication. He now devotes his time to cookbooks, teaching and food-related advocacy.
How to Grill Everything is the ultimate grilling guide and the latest installment of the acclaimed How to Cook Everything series. Featuring more than 1,000 recipes and hundreds of variations, plus Bittman's practical advice on all the grilling basics, the book is an exploration of the grill's nearly endless possibilities. Recipes cover every part of the meal, including appetizers, seafood, meat and poultry, vegetables (including vegetarian mains), and even desserts.
ABOUT HAPPY TOGETHER TOUR
Now in its ninth consecutive year, the Happy Together Tour highlights popular rock acts from the 1960s and 1970s, including: The Turtles, Chuck Negron (formerly of Three Dog Night), Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, Mark Lindsay (former lead singer of Paul Revere & The Raiders), and The Cowsills. This all-star ensemble brings classic tunes to the stage, including "Happy Together," "Joy To The World" and "Never My Love." Signature headliners The Turtles have sold more than 40 million records worldwide; the band's tour lineup features founding member and singer Mark Volman, along with The Archies singer Ron Dante.
KAUFFMAN CENTER PRESENTS SERIES SCHEDULE*
The Kauffman Center Presents series features extraordinary and diverse artists from a variety of musical genres and performance styles. Upcoming events include:
2017-2018 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Tuesday, March 6 - National Geographic Live: Marine Biologist & Photographer Cristina Mittermeier - Standing at the Water's Edge - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, March 15 - CMT Next Women of Country Presents: Sara Evans - All the Love Tour, featuring RaeLynn and Kalie Shorr - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 - Riverdance - The 20th Anniversary World Tour - 7:30 p.m. March 16; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 17, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, May 23 - A Conversation with Mark Bittman - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, March 25 - Miranda Sings Live - 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, May 1 - National Geographic Live: NASA Astronaut Terry Virts - View from Above - 7:30 p.m. May 1, Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Tuesday, June 5 - National Geographic Live: Photographer/Filmmaker & Writer Pete McBride & Kevin Fedarko - Between River and Rim - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Thursday, June 7 - David Byrne: American Utopia Tour - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Saturday, June 16 - Diana Krall: Turn Up The Quiet World Tour 2018 - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
2018-2019 Kauffman Center Presents events:
• Sunday, August 19 - Happy Together Tour 2018 - 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Sunday, September 9 - Punch Brothers - 7 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 3 - Black Violin - 7:30 p.m., Muriel Kauffman Theatre
• Wednesday, October 24 - Chanticleer - 7 p.m., Helzberg Hall
*Events announced to date. Additional performances will be announced throughout the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons. Updates are available at kauffmancenter.org/events-tickets/kauffman-center-presents/.
ABOUT THE KAUFFMAN CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts - a major not-for-profit center for music, opera, theater and dance designed by Moshe Safdie - opened in 2011. Serving as a cultural cornerstone for Kansas City and the region, the Kauffman Center delivers extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences. Honored as one of the World's 15 Most Beautiful Concert Halls, the Kauffman Center attracts some of the world's most renowned performers and entertainers.
Through educational outreach programs and community enrichment, the Kauffman Center supports Kansas City as a cultural destination. More information on the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts is available at kauffmancenter.org.
Thanks to Kauffman Center Presents series sponsors for their generous support of the 2017-2018 season: Saint Luke's Health System, PNC Bank, and Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes-Benz of Kansas City.