Make a Splash This Pool Season With VEGAS.com's Top 10 Pool and Day Club Destinations
Spring has barely sprung but Las Vegas is heating up and pool season is in full effect. In a dynamic city like Las Vegas, visitors are sure to find a pool catering to their taste on or off the Strip. From family-friendly lazy rivers to day club parties featuring some of today's hottest DJs and musicians, the experts at VEGAS.com put together a list of the top 10 pools for every type of traveler.
- For the nature enthusiast: Surrounded by a lush lagoon and roaring waterfalls the 15-acre pool and wildlife habitat area sets the scene at the Flamingo Pool. Catering to both families and adults alike, the pool features kid-friendly waterslides as well as the adult-only GO Pool located on the upper deck.
- For the beach lover: Escape from the desert and head to Mandalay Beach for a little rest and relaxation. The 11-acre beach atmosphere is a one-stop shop for summertime fun and features a wave pool, lazy river, beachside casino, retail shop, restaurants and bars. The resort also hosts concerts offering music lovers the chance to watch acts from the water or under the Vegas sky on the sandy beaches of Mandalay Bay.
- For the dancing queens (and kings): Party goers heading to Las Vegas over Memorial Day Weekend can take part in the opening of Daylight Beach Club at Mandalay Bay. Daylight is expected to be one of the Strip's newest party hotspots. The 50,000-square-foot open-air space will house a 1,500-square-foot stage filled with top-of-the-line sound and lighting systems and featuring a premier lineup of superstar DJs including Sebastian Ingrosso, Thomas Gold and Skrillex.
- For the trendsetter: The Pool District at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a place to see and be seen. Featuring three distinct experiences for visitors wanting to soak up the sun, the pool district has an atmosphere for every personality. Pool patrons can unwind with a poolside massage or outdoor yoga class at Bamboo or keep the party going at the popular Marquee Dayclub.
Providing an unobstructed view of the Strip, the Boulevard Pool doubles as a concert venue for their Set Your Life to Music Concert Series featuring acts like Hot Chip, Band of Horses and Marina and the Diamonds.
- For the adventurous: Thrill seekers can get a glimpse of what it might be like to swim with the sharks at Golden Nugget's The Tank pool featuring a three-story waterslide that runs through an aquarium housing more than 300 marine wildlife species including sharks, rays and bony fishes. The hotel also provides guests with Hideout, an exclusive two-story infinity pool hideaway for hotel guests only.
- For the bachelor: Sin City visitors can explore their naughty side at the debut of Sapphire Pool and Dayclub during the upcoming pool season. The brand new facilities will give revelers the opportunity to mix and mingle with local Vegas beauties. The soundtrack for the party will be provided by a number of resident DJs and guests can expect surprise guest appearances by adult film stars.
- For the family: Creating waves up to three feet high, the family-friendly pools at the Monte Carlo have been a big hit for visitors looking to have a bit of poolside fun. In addition to the wave pool, the Monte Carlo also offers a tranquil Easy River ride and a kiddie pool complete with child-sized beach chairs and an ankle deep wading pool.
- For the variety seeker: Expanding more than six acres, the Grand Pool Complex at MGM Grand has the ability to transport sunbathers to a tropical poolside oasis featuring five pools, three whirlpools and an 8,000-foot lazy river. The grounds are also home for Wet Republic, one of Vegas' most popular daytime party hotspots.
- For the lovebirds: The pool at the Paris Las Vegas is the ultimate romantic getaway for coupLes Wanting to spruce up the romance during a Vegas vacation. Set atop the resort, the picturesque pool offers breathtaking views of the Strip, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and a portion of the Bellagio fountains. The pool is a prime spot for special events and wedding ceremonies.
- For the VIP: Travelers not afraid to show a little skin can take advantage of Bare Pool Lounge, the Miami-inspired 21 and older pool at the Mirage. Filled with VIP amenities like chilled cucumbers to soothe tired eyes, lemon water iced towels, Evian misting bottles and on-site massage therapists; Bare is the ultimate adult-only escape.
Whether visitors are on the hunt for the hottest poolside affairs or a relaxing retreat to sunbathe with the family, the VEGAS.com experts offer a guide to making a splash with the top 10 pools. For more information, visit http://www.vegas.com/nightlife/poolclubs/.