The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir Announces 78th Season -MOZART: REQUIEM, HANDEL'S MESSIAH and More
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir announces its 78th annual season, offering a dynamic selection of classic favorites and original works with a versatile repertoire and wide range of musical challenge.
Mozart: Requiem opens the season in the most dramatic of fashions, leading right into the 200-member Symphonic Choir's much anticipated holiday favorite Festival of Carols expands with four performances in downtown Indianapolis and Carmel. From the traditional Handel's Messiah to the consistently classy annual Gala Bel Canto, the season is highlighted with the world premiere performance of Farué Requiem & Fairouz Zabur pairing the intimate piece with a new commissioned work from composer Mohammed Fairouz. A pillar of choral-orchestral repertoire, Beethoven's Ninth concludes the season alongside the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and Maestro Krzysztof Urba?ski.
The 2014/2015 performance season includes:
- Mozart: Requiem: Friday, Oct. 10, 2014, at 8 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 11, 2014, at 5:30 p.m., Hilbert Circle Theatre (with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra)
- Festival of Carols: Sunday, Dec. 7, 2014, 7 p.m., Scottish Rite Cathedral; Saturday, Dec. 20, 2014, 8 p.m., The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts; and Sunday, Dec. 21, 2014 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts
- Handel's Messiah: Friday, Dec. 19, 2014, 8 p.m., The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts (with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra)
- Gala Bel Canto: New York, New York: Saturday, Mar. 7, 2015, 6 p.m., The Conrad Indianapolis
- Fauré Requiem & Fairouz Zabur: Friday, April 24, 2015, 8 p.m., Hilbert Circle Theatre (with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra and Indianapolis Children's Choir)
- Beethoven's Ninth: Friday, June 12, 2015, 8 p.m. and Saturday, June 13, 2015, 5:30 p.m., Hilbert Circle Theatre, and Sunday, June 14, 8 p.m. at The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts (with the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra)
Season Subscriptions are available for $145 and individual tickets range from $20 to $62. Student tickets are $15. Tickets and more information are available at indychoir.org or by calling the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir at (317) 940-9057.
Photos of the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir are available in the Press Center at indychoir.org.
About the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir is proud to be one of central Indiana's most established and dynamic musical institutions, marking its 78th season in 2014/2015, and underwritten by Season Sponsor BMO Harris Bank. Among the most active symphonic choruses in the nation, the Choir reaches in excess of 25,000 people each season with more than 25 performances and a comprehensive educational outreach program. The 200 volunteer singers demonstrate the Choir's commitment to musical excellence through their talent and dedication during each 42-week season. The choral partner of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra, the Symphonic Choir was founded in 1937 at the ISO's request to perform the great choral-orchestral repertoire. This continued partnership exhibits the very best of collaborative ideals - two independent arts organizations combining their strengths to create beautifully lasting musical results. The Choir is dedicated to excellence in the performance of choral music, the creation of new choral masterworks, and to community outreach and education throughout the community. The Choir is now in its sixth year as the official choral partner of the Indianapolis Public Schools, providing teacher training, educational resources, performance experiences and free printed music. For more information about the Symphonic Choir, visit www.indychoir.org.