Two Larkspur Landmarks Partner on Special Promotion Featuring Complimentary Transportation Between San Francisco and Larkspur
Marin Country Mart and Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry are joining forces to launch a special limited-time promotion that encourages San Francisco residents and visitors to come and enjoy the upscale shopping and dining destination located near the Larkspur Ferry Terminal. The special program offers complimentary transportation from August 1 - 31, 2013, on selected trips.
The promotion invites San Francisco residents and visitors alike to enjoy complimentary travel aboard the Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry when visiting Marin Country Mart. Upon arrival at the Larkspur Ferry Terminal, riders can take a brief stroll over a pedestrian bridge to the upscale shopping and dining destinations at the Marin Country Mart. After experiencing its many inviting shops, artisanal restaurants and featured entertainment, guests will be treated to a complimentary Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry ride back to San Francisco. Bicycles are welcome on the ferry (limit varies by vessel), so bikers can continue on to visit the area's nearby trails and parklands.
This special offer is only available to Larkspur Ferry riders on certain weekend trips and on off-peak, non-commute weekday trips. Qualified trips of the San Francisco to Larkspur Ferry are weekday departures between 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and the weekend departure at 12:40 p.m. Qualified trips from Larkspur to San Francisco include weekday departures between 10:10 a.m. - 8:50 p.m. and the weekend departure at 4:45 p.m. The complete Larkspur schedule is available by calling 511 or online at http://goldengateferry.org/schedules/Larkspur.php. This offer is not valid for organized tour groups.
Here is how San Francisco riders can take advantage of this special offer, from August 1 - 31:
- Riders departing San Francisco may go online and download a promotion ferry ticket from San Francisco to Larkspur at http://www.goldengate.org/MCMPromo and present the ticket upon boarding a qualified ferry departure. (See above for participating ferry departures where coupons are valid.)
- The Golden Gate San Francisco Ferry Terminal (SFFT) is located on The Embarcadero at the foot of Market Street behind the historic San Francisco Ferry Building.
- During riders' visit to Marin Country Mart, they may see any retailer to get a promotion ticket for the complimentary ferry ride back to San Francisco. They should present the ticket upon boarding a qualified ferry departure. (See above for participating ferry departures.)
James Rosenfield, Marin Country Mart's owner, is excited to welcome visitors from San Francisco and beyond, and partner with Golden Gate Ferry to offer free ferry passage for this limited-time promotion. "The ferry offers a refreshing, enjoyable way to come to Marin Country Mart, where visitors will be surprised and tempted by the unique offerings of upscale shops, artisanal eateries and convenient services. In addition, our congenial village environment is a delightful change of pace from the city's hustle and bustle." Formerly known as Larkspur Landing, Marin Country Mart's new incarnation began in 2009. Since then, the shopping venue has become known for its inviting ambience, approximately 20 specialty shops - many found nowhere else in the Bay Area, 13 diverse dining options, and a multitude of special events designed to attract both families and adults.
Marin Country Mart's partner in the promotion expressed similar enthusiasm. Jim Swindler, Golden Gate Ferry Deputy General Manager, added, "Guests from San Francisco can enjoy two Larkspur landmarks - a relaxing ferry ride with easy access to all of the shops and eateries at Marin Country Mart - a treat for everyone."
The promotion kicks off on Thursday, August 1. Throughout the month-long ferry promotion period, Marin Country Mart plans an abundance of exciting events to complement the onsite artisans and entrepreneurs. Here's a sampling of what's in store - and all of these special events are complimentary.
- Folkish Festival: The festival features a range of musical concerts, from traditional folk music to up-&-comers, including Leftover Cuties, The Honeycutters, and Claudia Russell and the Folk Unlimited Orchestra. This series continues weekly through September 29 on Sundays from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Friday Night Jazz: The jazz series, offered through September 27 on Fridays from 6 - 9 p.m., showcases some of California's best jazz players, including the George Cole Quintet and Gypsy Jazz, Lorca Hart Trio, and Katie Thiroux Duo.
- Marin Country Mart Farmers' Market: Open year-round on Saturdays from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., The Farmers' Market showcases the freshest seasonal offerings from local farmers and purveyors, with an emphasis on organic and sustainable goods. There are also many fun activities to delight kids: pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, kid's music or storytelling, children's crafts, and live music.
- Off the Grid: A roaming mobile food extravaganza, Off the Grid cruises to Marin Country Mart every Sunday from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Eight vendors offer delicious food, enhanced by live music and splendid views of the bay and Mount Tam. From the largest gathering of food trucks in Marin, visitors can choose gourmet foods to eat onsite or take home - perfect for an easy Sunday supper. (Be sure to stroll over to the courtyard from 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. to enjoy the Folkish Festival music.)
Marin Country Mart is located at 2257 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, CA 94939. There's lots of free parking. For more information, contact us by phone 415-461-5700, email at PR(at)marincountrymart(dot)com or online at http://www.marincountrymart.com.
The Larkspur Ferry Terminal is located at 101 E. Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in Larkspur. From San Francisco, riders depart from the Golden Gate San Francisco Ferry Terminal, located on the Embarcadero, at the foot of Market Street, behind the historic Ferry Building. For more information, please call 415-455-2000 or visit http://www.goldengate.org.
For a complete Larkspur Ferry schedule, visit http://www.goldengateferry.org/schedules/Larkspur.php.