Celebration of Sustainable Seafood Brings Together Top DC Chefs for a...
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP), the leading 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the U.S. building awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of seafood, will kick off National Seafood Month with a Celebration of Sustainable Seafood on Monday, October 1, 2018. The event, which will take place at Ivy City Smokehouse in Washington, D.C., will feature some of the area's top chefs offering signature seafood bites to a couple hundred guests. Michael-Ann Rowe, the Fishionita and Emmy Award-winning food & travel journalist, will emcee the event.
"I'm looking forward to joining SNP for this celebration of sustainable seafood - a cause that is so important to me," said Rowe, who is an SNP Ambassador. "This event is a great way to kick off my favorite month of the year with a little education and a lot of delicious seafood."
Featured chefs for the event include:
- Executive Chef Mike Ellis of Charlie Palmer Steak
- Chef Matt Baker of Gravitas
- Chef/Partner Ron Goodman of Ivy City Smokehouse
- Chef/General Manager Joseph Cotton and Chef Tyler Skinner of Sodexo/National Aquarium
- Chef/Partner Nathan Beauchamp of The Fainting Goat, Tiger Fork and Calico
- Executive Chef Bryan Emperor of O-Ku
- Culinary Director Roberto Santibañez of Mi Vida
- Corporate Executive Chef Matt Ifkovitz of Pennsylvania 6
- Rappahannock Oyster Co.
- Monday, October 1, 2018
- General Admission 6-9pm ET; VIP Admission starts at 5pm ET
- Ivy City Smokehouse, 1356 Okie Street NE, Washington, DC 20002
- Tickets: https://seafood2018.eventbrite.com
- Hashtag: #CelebrateSeafood
This is a fundraiser to support the non-profit SNP and its mission to empower a healthier America through seafood nutrition.
Event sponsors include the Aquaculture Stewardship Council, Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute, Australis Barramundi, Camanchaca, CenSea, Mazzetta Company, Open Blue Cobia, Stavis Seafoods, Sustainable Shrimp Partnership, and Wiley's Finest.
About Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is the leading 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the U.S. building awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of seafood. SNP is addressing the country's public health crisis through education programs that inspire Americans to incorporate more seafood and omega-3s into their diets for improved health as per USDA/HHS Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the American Heart Association, and many other leading health organizations. For more information, visit seafoodnutrition.org.