Dance Pizazz Offers Tips for Finding Ballroom Dance Shoes
St. Louis, MO
Ballroom dance shoes are different and marvelous things. They are marvelous because they are light, put your balance in the perfect place, stretch and bend with your every move, grip and slide when needed. Dance shoes are different because they have to be cared for differently. To help save dancers time, research, and discomfort Dance Pizazz has compiled a list of some of the top tips and tricks for finding dance shoes.
One shoe definitely does NOT fit all.
- The first pair of dance shoes should be bought in person.
- The first pair of shoes for women should be nude. Nude can be worn with any other color. For example, nude can be worn with black but black can not be worn with peach.
- The shoe should feel firm but not like it would give a blister.
- Make sure the shoe has an expandable front to help with swollen feet.
- A 2? heel for smooth is more comfortable than the 2 1/2 inch heel because it puts less pressure on your toes.
- Wear shoes with the heel height that is comfortable.
- There are a variety of aids to make shoes fit better: heel grip liners and metatarsal pads (which push the foot back towards the heel of the shoe).
There are helpful secrets for breaking the shoes in.
- If shoes are too tight, stretch them a little by using a traditional shoe stretcher or any type of cylinder (like a vitamin bottle) that fits snugly in the shoe. Carefully wet the under part of the straps without getting water on the top to avoid water spots. Place stretcher or cylinder inside the shoe and let it dry overnight. This process may have to be repeated twice
- Put on a light sock the first couple of times to allow it to stretch without the pain.
- With the shoe off, bend the front part of the shoe almost in a rolling action up and down. This makes the front part of your shoe more flexible, so when you point it is easier.
- For gentlemen's shoes to stretch them: Sit down with the shoes on, and using your hands, bend (arch) the foot and then flex the foot and toes.
Dance Pizazz knows the Tips & Tricks to getting and breaking in ballroom dance shoes. For more information or to purchase a pair today visit Dance Pizazz for more information.