Stay Well at MGM Grand Continues to Lead Hotel Wellness Trend in Las Vegas with Significant Expansion of Delos-Designed Wellness Hotel Rooms
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and Delos, the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate, continue to set the standard in healthy hospitality with the expansion of Stay Well, the world's first-ever wellness hotel rooms.
After an overwhelmingly positive guest response and growing demand since launching in October 2012, Stay Well at MGM Grand is quadrupling its Stay Well room count from 42 to 171 rooms and suites, encompassing the entire 14th floor of the hotel's main tower.
"The success of the Stay Well rooms exemplifies the large consumer demand and appetite for a healthier, wellness-oriented travel experience," said Delos Founder Paul Scialla. "We are thrilled to expand the Stay Well experience within MGM Grand and look forward to introducing Delos' latest and most advanced health and wellness designs to guests."
Unveiled in 2012 at MGM Grand, Stay Well by Delos is the first of its kind to integrate medical science and technology into a hotel experience that optimizes and supports guests' health and well-being.
Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand, said, "The feedback we've received from our guests since launching Stay Well by Delos has been overwhelmingly positive. We continue to see a strong demand for this type of hotel experience and are eager to expand the program."
The in-room Stay Well experience features 17 evidence-based health and wellness elements including:
- Vitamin C Shower Infusion: shower water infused with Vitamin C which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
- Stay Well Air Purification System: the most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
- Water Filtration System: reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
- Advanced Room Lighting: improves the body's internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
- Wake-Up Light Therapy: exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- LED Dawn Simulator Alarm Clocks: awakens the body gradually
- Circadian Dimmable Bedside Lighting: natural, warm glow LED bedside lighting that can be customized to enhance sleep
- Nightlighting: LED lamps illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
- Optimized Black-Out Shades: supports the jet lag recovery features in the room by fully eliminating outdoor lighting sources to improve sleep quality and duration
- Cedar Closets: natural properties keep enclosed spaces fresh and dry
- Aromatherapy: optional aroma infusion for STAY WELL guests
- EMF Protection: protects STAY WELL guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- Photo-Catalytic Coating: breaks down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
- Dedicated In-Room Menu: offers a variety of healthy choices most of which include natural organic ingredients rich in Omega 3 - all available 24 hours a day
- Mini-Bar Amenities: includes yogurt-covered raisins, raw almonds and coconut water among other items
- Cleveland Clinic Exclusive Access: wellness software includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, as well as access to healthy food/drink options developed by the Cleveland Clinic, that guests can use for up to 60 days after their stay
- Stay Well Channel: World-renowned health and wellness expert, and Delos advisory board member Dr. Deepak Chopra welcomes guests to MGM Grand through in-room televisions, followed by an educational video on the features in the room
Stay Well rooms and suites at MGM Grand are available for a $30 per night upgrade above prevailing rates and can be reserved at mgmgrand.com or by calling 1.800.929.1111.
Committed to providing guests with tools to optimize their health and well-being beyond their temporary hotel stay, Delos will soon launch the online Stay Well Store. The store provides consumers with an opportunity to purchase many of the products available in the Stay Well rooms and can be accessed at staywellrooms.com/shop/.
About Delos LLC:
A U.S.-based real estate developer, Delos has pioneered Wellness Real Estate, which incorporates amenities that help sustain both the environment and enhance residents' health and well-being. Delos designs include an array of innovative, built-in amenities that research suggests will improve various aspects of individual occupant health including: cardiovascular, respiratory and sleep health, orthopedic health, weight and metabolism management, stress reduction, mood enhancement, cognition and memory enhancement, health literacy and health behavior motivation. More information on Delos is available at www.delosliving.com.
About MGM Grand
MGM Grand is "The Entertainment Authority," creating the ultimate Las Vegas experience. The hotel features the astonishing KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; Brad Garrett's Comedy Club; master illusionist David Copperfield and world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena and Hollywood Theatre. MGM Grand offers signature restaurants by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak, Michael Mina's PUB 1842, Emeril Lagasse's New Orleans Fish House, Wolfgang Puck's Bar & Grill and Michelin three star and Forbes Five Star restaurant, Joël Robuchon. The resort recently remodeled all rooms and suites in its main tower and launched the industry's first-ever STAY WELL Collection. MGM Grand is home to many of today's hottest DJs including Tiësto, Calvin Harris and Steve Aoki who share residencies between the brand new Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub and WET REPUBLIC, The Strip's hottest day life destination. The hotel also features a state-of-the-art, non-smoking Five Green Key conference center, the Grand Spa, Cristophe Salon, CSI: The Experience and an inviting six-acre pool complex. Upscale accommodations include SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand, an exclusive boutique luxury hotel within the hotel and The Signature at MGM Grand, a luxury all-suite, non-gaming hotel located adjacent to the main resort. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mgmgrand.com or call toll free at (877) 880-0880 or find us on Facebook and Twitter or follow our blog.