Top Reads: Rush Limbaugh's Impending Children's Book Tops Amazon Best Seller List in Pre-Sales Alone, Week Ending 9/8
Since there's no end-all-be-all 'best seller' list, BWW Books has rounded up both The New York Times' top sellers as well as Amazon's - providing you with your one-stop look at this week's top reads!
J.K. Rowling's surprise turn at mystery, THE CUCKOO'S CALLING, remained on top of The New York Times' best seller fiction list for the week ending Sept. 8. The novel previously enjoyed a lengthy stay at the top of Amazon's online marketplace, selling out once the news broke that Rowling was the true author. CALLING also previously topped The Times' list in July.
Conservative talk show host Mark R. Levin's latest book, THE LIBERTY AMENDMENTS: RESTORING THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC took the no. 1 spot on The Times' non-fiction list, with Reza Aslan's ZEALOT taking the second spot.
On the Amazon side of things, a continued surge in text book sales signals that back-to-school season is in full swing - while Rush Limbaugh's impending twist on the children's genre took the no. 1 spot with pre-sales alone.
1) THE CUCKOO'S CALLING - J.K. Rowling
2) THE HUSBAND'S SECRET - Liane Moriarty
3) WICKED FIRSTS - Elisabeth Naughton and others
4) MISTRESS - James Patterson and David Ellis
5) HIGH HEAT - Lee Child
6) THE SILENT WIFE - A. S. A. Harrison
7) INFERNO - Dan Brown
8) NIGHT FILM - Marisha Pessl
9) THE BONE SEASON - Samantha Shannon
10) UNLOCKED - Maya Cross
Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction
1) THE LIBERTY AMENDMENTS - Mark R. Levin
2) ZEALOT: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JESUS OF NAZARETH - Reza Aslan
3) ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK - Piper Kerman
4) EXPOSED - Jane Velez-Mitchell
5) HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY - Phil Robertson with Mark Schlabach
6) PROOF OF HEAVEN - Eben Alexander
7) LEAN IN - Sheryl Sandberg
8) LAWRENCE IN ARABIA - Scott Anderson
9) BONHOEFFER - Eric Metaxas
10) THE BUTLER - Wil Haygood