Page: 1

No More Stroking My Pussy -RIP Mollie Sugden

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No More Stroking My Pussy -RIP Mollie Sugden
The wonderful comedy actress Mollie Sugden has died age 86.
She will forever be remembered as Mrs Slocombe in the log running 70s TV comedy 'Are You Being Served?'.
This series made her millions of fans all over the world.

She always made it clear that her first love was the stage and in the 50s and 60s she played every leading role in every rep theatre across the country.
Her professional debut was at Swansea Grand Theatre.
She met her husband, the actor William More, at Swansea Grand, he died just a few years ago. He played Ronnie Corbett's father in 'Sorry!' on TV.
She continued to do long stage tours even after her success on 'Are You Being Served?.
She passed away after a very long illness and she hadn't been seen in public for nearly 10 years.
A true great .
RIP

Updated On: 7/2/09 at 06:56 AM
tokenamerican Profile Phototokenamerican Profile Photo
tokenamerican
Understudy
Understudy
My roommate and I used to watch that show all the time. She will be missed.
Whilst walking through Globe theatre: American woman to guide: "Excuse me, is this building pre-war?" Guide: "Madam, this building is pre-America."
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I used to love her as Mrs Hutchinson in The Liver Birds and Nellie Harvey in Coronation Street, which I used to watch with my grandmother who also liked her and showed similar taste in hats (though not hair colour).

I remember her in The Liver Birds driving down the street where Mrs Boswell lived, bringing her big flash car to a stop, dropping the electric window (a rarity in the 70s), peering out from under her hat and muttering the deathless line:

"It looks as though they still have public hangings!"
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You just made me cry reading that.