Page: 1

any young actors interested in doing a workshop in Birmingham?

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
We're planning to workshop a new musical somewhere in Birmingham during the summer (it's a new musical I've co-written that has an exciting rock based score) and we are looking for a young actor to play the role of one of the male leads. We recently recorded a concept album so most of the workshop cast will be the same as those who did the recordings but the guy who sang the role in question came over from Sweden to do the recordings and is not available to do the workshop.)

The character is aged around 17 but anyone from around 16ish to early twenties would be fine for the workshop. If anyone is genuinely interested, lives near Birmingham or is free and able to travel there for a weekend initially, please send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you further details.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sounds exciting wooh wooh

" an exciting rock based score"

Mamma will hate it hehe
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
and your far too old for it my dear!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I know, my teenage years are long gone (yet im still playing a bloody teenager in Dog Sees God lol)

Just heard some of the music from this show thanks to Bob and it sounds great.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Just want to publicly thank all the guys who contacted me, offering their services for the workshop. It was so great to see so many talented and passionate young guys who were keen to take part in workshopping a new musical. I very much appreciate the response from everyone.

From the great array of talent, we have now found someone who seems perfect for the role - and we are ready for what should be an exciting weekend in August, trying to bring this show to life. Hopefully everyone on the board will hear a lot more about our show sometime in the future!

Anyone who's interested in finding out more about the show (called "After The Turn"), check out our website: www.freewebs.com/aftertheturnthemusical

We have recordings of most of the songs available either on the website or on our myspace page. If anyone would like to give any feedback about the songs, please do so - it will all help the creative process when we come to do the workshop.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***