HAIR: The New Broadway Cast Recording...

chrissydee Profile Photochrissydee Profile Photo
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
HAIR: The New Broadway Cast Recording...#1
Posted: 5/31/09 at 12:09pm
WOW! Ive just downloaded this from itunes. I only know HAIR vaugley, always liked it but never loved it- and never seen it live.

After listening to this amazingly fresh recording i NEED to go to new york and see it.

I was going to get it from D/C but was browsing itunes and it was only 10.99, usually I have to have the physical CD but thought "why not" and im so gald I did. The perfect CD to play on a gorgeous sunny day. happy happy happy me :)

Thoroughly reccomend to all!
x
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I LOVE the new recording, can't wait to see this production when I go to New York.
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
it's amazing. Gavin Creel's voice is just beautiful! I would have liked to hear Patina Miller sing it when she was in it though...not that the girl on it is bad. far from it.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
i've had this a few weeks now, its by far the best recording i've had in ages. if you liked this you should download the new recording of the Swedish Jesus Christ Superstar Cast. Another great recording!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
For the past week or so, this has been virtually the only thing played on my iPod! it is INCREDIBLE! Such a brilliant recording of a brilliant show!
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This cast recording BLEW me away.. It's fantastic!
It will definately be my obsession for a few weeks now..
I Got Life, Hair, Going Down, Aquarius, Air and Let the Sun Shine are the highlights of the recording for me..
Go and get it!! You wil not regret it!!.. ahh it rhymes..
Updated On: 5/31/09 at 01:58 PM
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
downloading it yesterday made me realise how much i missed out on by not seeing it in new york!
=[
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You definitely did UK ... it was one of the most joyous and cathartic evenings of theatre I've ever seen.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah ive had this awhile now too and its amazing
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Musical-Matt Profile PhotoMusical-Matt Profile Photo
Musical-Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
ITS MIND BOGGERLING !
No Doubt Our Paths Will Cross Again ! Matt
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It was certainly one of the highlights of my trip to New York, last week (along with Jane Fonda in "33 Variations").

Wonderfully staged (often involving forays into the audience), marvellously performed, it seems bang up to date as an anti-war statement. The end of the show was absolutely spellbindingly, breath taking.

I was only sorry I had all my long hair cut off a couple of months ago - next time I'll have to wear a wig!

legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
hotjohn....you're gonna be soooo proud of me!
Hair Feb 2010...costume is in the making :) we're going full out..im in the process of finding a faux fur body warmer...oh baby! re: HAIR: The New Broadway Cast Recording...
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hilarious!

My plan is working, fancy dress is catching on. I just bought the materials for my next "Priscilla" outfit.
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
explain!!
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I literally can not stop listening to it.....!! I love the flesh failures/let the sunshine in. Have you seen the movie version?!?! Very very moving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNrqc6yvTU

I neeeeeeeeeeeed to go! And i honestly want to grow my hair!!!
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The movie sucks major donkey bollocks! im not a fan of it whatsoever...the whole new story, new raltionships..etc...ugh please. The show is head a shoulders above the movie!
chrissydee
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
true, but that clip is moving!!

You seen this clip from the new broadway cast?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKI1r4VLfzc

amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! wish i was there! x
sgv123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have had a fantastic time every time I have seen this show. Watch this in HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90GGonF6js&feature=related
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
When it was revived at the Old Vic a decade ago I was up on stage dancing like a loon at the end. Having said that, I like the film, too.
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have the 2005 benefit and it confuses me as to why they don't do the characters but still a great recording. I need to get the revival! Not iTunes-ing though I have decided, will save my money for the actual CD (:
I'd love to get this production in the UK!!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
legallysam, my new Priscilla outfit will resurrect an old white suit that I haven't worn in ages and will utilise lots of white feathers! (Photos will be supplied)
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
sounds as camp as the cast of priscilla camping on brighton beach in a row of pink tents with added feathers :)
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I saw the film before I saw the stage version and much prefer the film.

Having said that this new Broadway production looks and sounds sensational compared to the production I saw.
Updated On: 6/1/09 at 06:53 PM
Josh Freilich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have the 2005 benefit and it confuses me as to why they don't do the characters but still a great recording.

That may be true, but in a show like this, the main attraction is the music. It is like a continuous classic rock album that keeps changing styles throughout (i.e. The Beatles' self-titled album, or as fans call it, the "White"), and the music just grabs your attention and it will not let go. It is such a fantastic show. Once I got this CD (the revival) I was HOOKED ON IT. I saw it twice before, and I loved it both times. This was one of the best shows I think I had ever seen.
"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Harvey Fierstein's 'Air' is incredible on that!