Page: 1

Bridget Jones Gets A Date At The Theatre

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bridget Jones Gets A Date At The Theatre#1
Posted: 5/14/09 at 8:31pm
'Bridget Jones' Diary' is to be turned into a new West End musical based on new material by the author of the books that have been made into two huge hit movies.
The show will be in London sometime in 2011 or maybe before.

Bridget Jones Gets A Date At The Theatre
Nice job for the wardrobe department!
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh i love me some big pants lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Which is probably what this will be....
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I think if they got the right writers for this it could work. I always thought this would make a great musical.
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
can we not just have a nice new musical that's not based on a film please?
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thats what I was thinking last nigh, the very same thought.

...and the same for straight plays what with the upcoming 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'
Updated On: 5/15/09 at 05:21 AM
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
just what we need... another larger lead girl to be idolised by another bunch of fat lazy slobs in the uk... and then they wonder why the uk is obese. Ok so i'm not damning big girls in roles, the likes of Leanne Jones is extremely talented, and fit for that matter... but come on! did anyone see tonights the night when the god awful fat girl did her tracey impression? She states she idolises Tracey Turnblad... how the f**k can you idolise a MAKE BELIEVE CHARACTER? (sorry i amy be on a tangent its just cos i've just watched it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAstvuILLvc (for anyone who dares brave it)

that is one of many reasons i am against this lol.

no no no no no!!!!

yes it could probably make an astonuding musical... but this is the UK so you know it will end up being some terrible flop.

can they not just do the sane thing and leave one of the best british films ever made alone? oh wait course they can't cos that would be the easy thing to do....

I'm all for new british musicals but please people have some originality and INVEST in new pieces and composers... there are hundreds of people out there desperate to have their musicals go big..
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
Updated On: 5/15/09 at 06:40 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Its not based on the film if you read the description, and Bridget Jones was hugely popular way before the films came out.

As for the fat girl thing, Bridget is not supposed to be fat, shes supposed to be healthy, shes just not supposed to be a twig.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
for some reason... I think Helen Walsh (from sister act) who also sang 'Take That Look Off Your Face' in the ALW Masterpiece DVD quite suits the role ~
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I always thought this would be a great show. I can imagine songs that are entries in her diary in the style of the letters home from Tell Me on a Sunday. With the right team this could be brilliant :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Paterson
Stand-by
Stand-by
I've got to agree with the Bridget not being fat thing.

She's like a lot of women, she's self-conscious about her weight, and thinks she's fat, but that's only compared to underweight models. If she was at her GPs for a check-up, the doctor would be quite happy with her weight, but might suggest she goes easy on the wine!
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
elmuhamed!!!! grrr
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I agree with the fact she's not supposed to be fat. She averages around a size 12ish if memory serves. However i don't agree with it not being based on the film. The general British public aren't as aware as people think. I hear a group of students talking about the hairspray film the other day and how they'd made it into a musical since then. I was slightly appalled. Anyway, were it not for the success of the film then i don't think it would be hitting the stage as a musical. It seems (especially after what happened with SA) that if it isn't based on something you can pick up out the discount section of HMV it isn't gonna make it. A sad commentary on our musical theatre loving public re: Bridget Jones Gets A Date At The Theatre
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!