Music Downloads

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Music Downloads#1
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:31pm
Hey guys,
What sites etc. do you guys use for downloading music, theres a few Cast Recordings I want, and cant find on iTunes, I am DESPERATE to find Forbidden Broadway: Rude Awakening, but cant find anywhere to download it, can anyone shed some light!
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#2
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:33pm
Check your PMs
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#2
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:40pm
Shows how ancient I am. lol - I actually buy CDs and do not download from anywhere.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#3
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:41pm
I like buying CD's, but occasionally i have a sudden urge for a CD, and dont have time to wait for Dress Circle to ship CD's
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#4
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:46pm
I rarely buy CDs in the UK - they're too expensive! I either pick them up when I'm in the US or order them from Amazon US. Even with paying the shipping cost, they're still way cheaper than buying them over here.

I can see the advantage of getting them more speedily online - but I would really miss not having the CD case, booklet, etc. Also, I do not own an ipod! lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#5
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:47pm
They are also alot cheaper online! Find the right place and 7 for an album!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#6
Posted: 5/4/09 at 3:49pm
Just too much of a high-tech pain in the ass for me to do all that downloading. lol Guess it's a generation thing. I've never used an ATM machine either!
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#7
Posted: 5/4/09 at 4:51pm
Its not a generation thing Bob old man. I've got an iPod and iTunes and downloading is very easy.
I don't do it very much as I'm the same as you- don't like technology and I love having a CD in my hand.
The only downloads I have are ones I have wanted for years and years and will never be released.
Mind you when I buy a CD and having an iPod the CD only really gets played the once for the transfer to the iPod. My iPod then lets me take the collection to every room. BUT the CD collection looks fab wall to wall ceiling to floor and I will never stop buying them ever!
Updated On: 5/4/09 at 04:51 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#8
Posted: 5/4/09 at 5:09pm
Okay - it's not a generation thing. I'm just technologically challenged lol.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#9
Posted: 5/4/09 at 5:51pm
But Bob, presumably you have a computer and know how to use it - or do you dictate all your messages to your old retainer?
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Music Downloads#10
Posted: 5/4/09 at 6:00pm
I do obviously use a computer - but my computer skills are pretty basic. (If anything goes wrong I go into panic mode!) I do not, however, send text messages, have no clue how to use an ATM machine (nor have I ever been able to see the point in them!), ticket machines at railway stations etc totally baffle me! and something like Itunes and an ipod looks seriously frightening LOL. After all, I am a historian - so being an ancient relic comes naturally!
Updated On: 5/4/09 at 06:00 PM
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Music Downloads#11
Posted: 5/5/09 at 5:44am
One of my favourite things to do at the moment is to do a google search for an album, but put 'rar' at the end of it. I have found so many obscure albums that way in Rar format for free on sites like Rapidshare or Mediafire. I got the Buckingham Nicks Coffee Plant Demos, Grace Slick's Welcome to the Wrecking Ball, the entire Brady Bunch back catalogue (including the ultra rare Chris Knight and Maureen McCormick album), The Ian Mitchell Band and Pat McGlynn's Scottie albums, Mama Cass' Dream a Little Dream and The Shirts' debut album that way. Seek and ye shall find.