Norman Conquers Broadway

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Norman Conquers Broadway#1
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:19am
Norman Conquers Broadway
I love the New York artwork for this production.

The Old Vic production of Alan Ayckbourn's 'The Norman Conquests' has just this week opened to some truly fantastic reviews from the US press.
The production is playing at the unique Circle In The Square Theatre that lends itself perfectly to the Old Vic staging 'in the round'.
Its always great to see a British production open well on Broadway.
With these reviews lets hope its success is top off with a few Tony awards.

How the Old Vic looks as a 'theatre in the round'.

Norman Conquers Broadway
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#2
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:23am
I love the Circle in the Square - one of my fav theatres in New York. I was tempted to go see this on my forthcoming trip - but, much as I enjoy a good play, it lost out to a bunch of musicals.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#2
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:23am
Everything 'works' there doesn't it.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#3
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:32am
Spelling Bee was awesome there. And I just love the space - it makes a fairly big house seem very intimate.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#4
Posted: 4/29/09 at 3:42pm
I second Bob on that, a brilliant show, great theatre, better than that crock upstairs!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#5
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:07pm
What are you referring to as "the crock upstairs"?
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#6
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:59pm
That would be Wicked. The Gershwin sits atop the Circle.
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Norman Conquers Broadway#7
Posted: 4/29/09 at 5:15pm
Oh, I love Wicked! And I love the Gershwin. The Gershwin was actually where I saw my first ever show on Broadway (back in 1979 when it was still the Uris) - "Sweeney Todd".