Page: 1

Bare

luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Bare#1
Posted: 4/29/09 at 5:24am
Hi all. I'm in IT listening to Bare: A Pop Opera right now so I thought I'd Broadwayworld and ask about the show. What do we think of it? Has it ever had a professional UK run? Just being curious :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#2
Posted: 4/29/09 at 5:45am
re: Bare
Not, as yet, but its a great little show.

I only have the concept CD which is gorgeous.
There is a DVD with double CD available in Dress Circle.

Updated On: 4/29/09 at 05:45 AM
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#2
Posted: 4/29/09 at 6:50am
Bare is brilliant, and I think it would be perfect for the Menier to do
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#3
Posted: 4/29/09 at 8:09am
Such a great show, we need to get a production of this over here
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bare#4
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:06am
bit 'teeny bopper' for the menier id think
i wouldnt think we'll be waiting too long for this..... re: Bare
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#5
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:18am
Never seen this - but would really love to. The score is brilliant.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#6
Posted: 4/29/09 at 11:55am
teeny bopper? have you heard it?! Not words if use to describe it
Miss Elphaba Profile PhotoMiss Elphaba Profile Photo
Miss Elphaba
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bare#7
Posted: 4/29/09 at 12:04pm
It's about an un-teeny bopper as a show centred around a school could be. It's an amazing show and would make my year for it to get a uk run.
"I trained as a classical actor at Juilliard. I jump at the opportunity to do classical text...But I never in a million years guessed I'd get to play Juliet!"- Michael Arden
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#8
Posted: 4/29/09 at 3:31pm
whoops made a goof, wrong thread.
Updated On: 4/29/09 at 03:31 PM
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Bare#9
Posted: 4/29/09 at 3:50pm
i wasnt refering to the show its self, just to the sort of fans and audience i've know it to reach in the past
and that doesnt fit tiwth the menier in my opinion.
wasnt meaning to trash the score or show, its one of my favourites!
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#10
Posted: 4/29/09 at 4:32pm
I could picture the posters for a Donmar production now...
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#11
Posted: 4/30/09 at 5:31am
It was done last May by Staffordshire University which was (to my knowledge) the only production to have been staged in the UK. Some of the cast of Hollyoaks went to see it lol. I directed it and played Jason in the end up. Was such an amazing show. I got into it years ago thanks to someone on here and fell in love with the music.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
x_stephen_x
Swing
Swing
re: Bare#12
Posted: 5/8/09 at 6:55pm
Does anyone know where you can get the recordings of this cheaply in the UK? Dress Circle is doing the 3 disc edition for 31 but i'm only a poor student!
For the first album, the page on sh-k bioom records says you can download the tracks for free, but when you click on the tracks it doesn't do anything!
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#13
Posted: 5/12/09 at 6:33am
Torrents my friend, Torrents re: Bare
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#14
Posted: 5/12/09 at 6:35am
Although Stephen, if you actually want to buy the CD then it seems to me its a hard one to find. Dress Circle looks like your only option to be honest...even the mighty Amazon doesn't sell it!
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Bare#15
Posted: 5/12/09 at 7:20am
There is a web site for the show which used to sell the 3 cd/dvd set, but it appears to be no longer available.

They do say though that you can download it from Amazon MP3 (which I can't find) or itunes (no idea!)

This is the site http://www.barethealbum.com
Beergoggles
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Bare#16
Posted: 5/12/09 at 7:30am
I don't rightly recall where i got mine from but i know i didn't pay 30 for it.
Jesus Loves You... Everybody else thinks you're an idiot!
x_stephen_x
Swing
Swing
re: Bare#17
Posted: 5/13/09 at 8:42am
I was looking for it on torrents but couldn't find it anywhere, not that i ever download anything illegally...ehem...

Page: 1