Page: 1

London discounts (and shows to see!)

lightinthepizza2
Understudy
Understudy
London discounts (and shows to see!)#1
Posted: 4/3/09 at 5:35pm
Hi all

I'm spending a couple in weeks in London in June, and was wondering what websites/procedures locals used to get discounts on West End tickets. Something like the equivalent of BroadwayOffers in New York.

Also, if anyone has recommendations, they'll be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Spotlight61
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
June will be a very interesting time. If the tourists stay away then there could well be very heavy discounting.

Sites like lastminute.com often do very good deals but as the name suggests it is worth waiting until the last minute. Theatremonkey.co.uk is also another site. However, I personally haven't used the latter. We, like NY, have tkts in Leicester Square.

Are you hoping to but your tickets before you arrive? If so then it is hard to know what sites are best to use.

I sincerely hope you have a wonderful West End experience.
abitoftap Profile Photoabitoftap Profile Photo
abitoftap
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
theatremonkey and broadwaybox do aggregations of available discounts, so are a good starting point.
lastminute do some good deals, but sometimes don't tell you the seat numbers (best available..yeah, right!)
Patash Profile PhotoPatash Profile Photo
Patash
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have to say that I despise TKTS in NYC, and have ended up with horrible seats that they told me were different than they were. In fact, I can't remember ever getting really good seats there for Broadway. But I'm a huge fan of TKTS in Leicester Square. The sellers will spend a few minutes with you even telling you which shows they happen to have the best seats for that day, and I always seem to end up with great seats. And TKTS in London seems to have tickets for many pretty popular shows -- a much better selection than you get in NYC.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
My Favourite is Lastminute, some bargains to be found on there. And if you see an offer (For example we saw an offer for Joseph on there for 15 best upper circle) we actually rang the box office and they honoured that offer, and gave us seat numbers etc so worth trying if you are worried about allocations of seats.

Also, alot of shows like Hairspray/Wicked/Spring Awakening/Billy Elliot do day seats if you don't mind waiting for abit.
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
My tip is to phone up when going for a best available offer. They'll give you seat numbers.