Page: 1

A Little Night Music

BroadwayPhan
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
A Little Night Music#1
Posted: 3/21/09 at 11:14pm
Is the set to this show very small? I know people complained that they missed some of the action when sitting underneath the overhang when Zorro played at the theatre. When booking tickets, should I be concerned about sitting too far back?

Was this production as good as the Sunday in the Park production? I absolutely loved that "Sunday" production.
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Little Night Music#2
Posted: 3/22/09 at 4:45am
It's possible the set could be slightly different from the one at the Menier when it transfers but the Chocolate Factory set was simple yet effective. I don't know about the view at the rear of the Garrick as I've only ever sat in the front rows of the stalls.

As for comparing it to Sundsy - it's a very good production but Sunday was phenomenal.So I wouldn't out it quite in that class. Also a couple of the the cast members I thought were slightly weak in Night Music (I was hoping there might be some changes for the transfer).
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Little Night Music#2
Posted: 3/22/09 at 6:07am
"As for comparing it to Sunday - it's a very good production but Sunday was phenomenal.So I wouldn't out it quite in that class."

Agreed.

There was an attempt to reinterpret the show by putting in the song Silly People for Frid and Petra, thus making the show about four couples rather than three. But this messed up the "night smiling three times" concept so I think it is being taken out again for the West End transfer.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Little Night Music#3
Posted: 3/22/09 at 3:26pm
It's a new set for the West End but don't worry the cast don't swing from the trees! There shouldnt be any problem with this show at the Garrick such as those 'Zorro' encountered.
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: A Little Night Music#4
Posted: 3/22/09 at 7:29pm
It was announced last week that the Chatelet Theatre will produce "A Little Night Music" in English starring Leslie Caron as Mme Armfeldt) and Lambert Wilson in February 2010 in Paris Great News, isn't it !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: A Little Night Music#5
Posted: 3/22/09 at 7:39pm
"Leslie Caron as Mme Armfeldt"

Inspired casting!!!