Page: 1

The V & A's Theatre And Performance Galleries.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The museums latest addition will open on March 17th.
On display will be a lot of exhibits that were on view at the old Theatre Museum in Covent Garden before its forced closure but with a lot more now available for the public to see.
Most of the collection has been hidden away from public view due to space restrictions.
The museums attempt to open a permanent large display in Blackpool fell through after much planning and fund raising.
The space will not be as large as that of the previous space but the museum promises to have a much faster rotation of its exhibits.
Items on view will include, sets, costumes, posters and memorabilia from the history of the theatre, opera and ballet in the UK.

Updated On: 3/11/09 at 09:46 AM
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'll miss the original museum that was in out by Drury Lane. I remember the first time I went in not expecting anything only to nearly crap myself seeing the "Phantom Makeup Display" and John Napier's 1996 Superstar model.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Now if only they could organise the musical theatre singalongs - I used to love those at the Covent Garden Theatre Museum (and they were always a great excuse for fancy dress!)