Page: 1

Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour#1
Posted: 3/2/09 at 3:30am
Last week I went to the New Wimbledon Theatre to see both the Thursday and Saturday afternoon shows of Little shop of Horrors. This show that is touring around the UK from Feb until May is the same production as the one that was in the West End in 2007. So you have the same sets as that 2007 show and the plant is also the same. There is a whole new cast for this show and they are Claire Buckfield, Alex Ferns, Damian Humbley, Sylverster McCoy and Clive Rowe who were all just so great in there roles. I saw the 2007 version of this play in the West End and I prefer Mike Mcshane as the voice of the plant and Alastair Mcgowan as the dentist, but that is just me as they both play the roles differently to Clive and Alex.
One thing I must say is on the Saturday afternoon show I was up in the dress circle seats and there were a few really young kids sitting near me and one got really scared and cried and had to be taken out half way into the first half. This show is not really for really young children and it is silly to take them to this show when there are so many good shows to children. This show is not really for young children.
I think this show is so great. I just love is show and think I will go and see it again when it comes to Woking in May.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour#2
Posted: 3/2/09 at 5:36am
I have front row seats to see this in Sunderland next month. Easter Monday special off of BOGOF re: Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour. I think I might make a second trip to see it aswell.
I too saw it in London when it was on so I am looking forward to a different interpretation, although im not sure how empty the big empire stage will look with this set.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour#2
Posted: 3/2/09 at 6:26am
It looks EXTREMELY empty - the urchins are all but dwarfed by the set in the opening.
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Little Shop Of Horrors UK tour#3
Posted: 3/3/09 at 2:39pm
front row in coventry tomorrow =]
thought it cant be selliong too well, my entire threatre company were offered discounts, my tickets were only 7 each
i too saw the show in 2007, so will report back tomorrow
x