Page: 1

Fuchsia

wildcat Profile Photowildcat Profile Photo
wildcat
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Fuchsia#1
Posted: 2/15/09 at 3:53pm
I can highly recommend Matthew Westwood's play "FUCHSIA" which I saw tonight at the White Bear Theatre. Only one week to catch this fascinating piece with some wonderful performances, particularly the very classy Jacqueline Pearce and the marvellous Gary Amers ("Beautiful People", "Wicked") and Jamie Maclachlan. Well worth your time.
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Fuchsia#2
Posted: 2/15/09 at 5:44pm
i saw this last week because i have a friend in the cast, and unfortunately i cant sya i was that impressed. it wasnt bad, the acting was fine, and in some cases more than fine, but the script and staging left alot to be desired & i found myself hiding innapropriate laughter more than once. especially at the rediculas ending. Glad you enjoyed it, but despite a strong cast, not my cup of tea.
hotjohn Profile Photohotjohn Profile Photo
hotjohn
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Fuchsia#2
Posted: 2/22/09 at 7:18am
I saw Fuschia this Friday night and while I agree the cast were fine especially Jaqueline Pearce and Moya Brady I found the play to be confusing and muddled. The first act had great potential albeit in a soap-opera style (the writer, Matthew Westwood, is a Hollyoaks/Emmerdale veteran) and I looked forward to the second act wondering how the story would develop. Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed when the text went into the realms of the unbelievable - levitation, what was all that about?

The director's notes in the programme (mainly definitions of the colours pink and magenta) read like the most pretentious twaddle and don't help get a grasp on the play whatsoever.

Could someone please explain what on earth (and slightly above it) was going on?