Page: 1

Monday, Monday...

lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Monday, Monday...#1
Posted: 2/9/09 at 10:27am
Right, I realise it's not right to start a thread off topic on a day that ain't Friday, but the Lovepigeon has the Monday blues.

Last week, after some pretty rubbish snow days, I went to work for one day before succumbing to some mystery illness. A visit to the doctor (a doctor who had one eye, I might add... Jesus, why didn't I go and take careers advice from a tramp while I was at it?) confirmed that the mystery illness was/is tonsillitis but because I also have an upper respitory virus, he wouldn't give me antibiotics. Instead, he told me to just 'sit it out'. So I sat it out.

On Friday, my boss phoned me to tell me that any more sick days would be unpaid so I've had to come in today, feeling like death, having had a nightmare weekend of ghosts bullying fish, flash floods of couscous, plumbing nightmares, f*ckjob neighbours and tonsils like cacti. Also, I was offered a pair of tickets for Plague Over England on Thursday but I have a flat inspection with my witch landlady that night.

I could easily cry right now. Cheering messages to brighten up a wet and very miserable Monday please.
legallysam Profile Photolegallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#2
Posted: 2/9/09 at 10:37am
Awh LP that sounds like one of the ****test weeks! I used to get tonsilitus all the time when i was younger, like all the time. I'd get it, have antibiotics, as soons as i finished the antiniotics it would come back, and so on, until i was 7 and they took them out. So no more skanky mouth disease for me.

I have managed to get myself a tour/interview with someone from the Victoria Palace theatre on Monday for my performing arts coursework, which is good, means i can get that finished during half term!

BUT i'm not seeing Little Shop tomorrow anymore. It was all arranged then suddenly a mass of people dropped out and we couldn't get the tickets for the same price, and so we decided to cancel cause we couldn't afford it, which really made me angry cause i was so looking foward to that one!

So now im working muy way through Gossip Girl Series 1 and a Crunchie to make myself feel better. (Plus it's raining!!)

I <3 LP and hope he feels better soon x
"Rock Of Ages is about as original as gay men at a clap clinic" - SANDM2
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#2
Posted: 2/9/09 at 11:46am
Pigeon: That really sucks. Clearly you need a new doctor!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#3
Posted: 2/9/09 at 1:43pm
If you are looking for a new career, I can get you a tramp. I can't promise he'll give you money for sick days, but seeing as I can't promise he'll give you money on any other day, it's almost like a step up.

No?

Well how about an Egyptian tortoise the size of a raspberry?

re: Monday, Monday...
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Monday, Monday...#4
Posted: 2/11/09 at 10:19am
Thanks, you guys!

I've emailed that picture to almost everyone I know, by the way. I love it!!
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#5
Posted: 2/11/09 at 5:56pm
"my boss phoned me to tell me that any more sick days would be unpaid"

Check your entitlement in your employment contract - it's usually longer than a few days.

Even if you have used it up you should be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#6
Posted: 2/11/09 at 6:08pm
Isnt it 7 days then you need a Drs paper from day 8???
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#7
Posted: 2/13/09 at 7:59am
I saw the heading MONDAY,MONDAY and I thought it was the announcement of a Mamas and Papas musical. I hope things are better for you.
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Monday, Monday...#8
Posted: 2/13/09 at 10:31am
Feeling much better thanks... well, it is Friday!

I really don't have any sick days left... getting to work is such a hassle, so even if it's just a sniffle or a slightly irregular bowel movement, I'm on that phone telling my boss I'm dying. Now it's caught up with me. Ugh.

Oh good Lord, a M&P musical would be a travesty. How could those voices (well, Cass Elliot's) ever be recreated? Horror!

Thanks again, you guys... I f*cking love this board.

exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Monday, Monday...#9
Posted: 2/13/09 at 11:24am
Who needs to recreate Mama Cass? Suzanna Hoffs (of The Bangles) made Monday Monday her own years ago!