Page: 1

French Monty Python show??

Winston3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
French Monty Python show??#1
Posted: 1/9/09 at 1:16am
I remember awhile ago when Spamalot opened on Broadway I was talking to my brother about a Monty Python show. His first response when I mentioned this was "the french one?" I asked him what he meant by that and he said that when he was in London he either saw or heard of a show where they were doing Monty Python skits in french with subtitles in English on the side.

Anyone hear of a show like this and can shed some light on the subject.

I know that I can always rely on the friendly people here on the West End forum for my questions like this.
Goodbye Sister Disco
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: French Monty Python show??#2
Posted: 1/9/09 at 5:54am
Not that I recall Winston. Monty Python had a very quiet life in the UK apart from the DVD releases of its TV series and movies. Eric Idle actually toured the US with his Pythonesque show but never brought it here.
Ask your friend for more info!
Sister George Profile PhotoSister George Profile Photo
Sister George
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: French Monty Python show??#2
Posted: 1/9/09 at 6:37am
I didn't see it but it was in Edinburgh in 03 then did the Riverside Studios in 05 and performed succesfully in Paris and France before that.

It was a troupe of French comic performers who performed the original Python sketches and songs in French with a few tweaks for translation i.e. the song lyrics for 'sit on my face' became 'come in my mouth' and they had recieved the approval to do so the show by the Python team.

Bit more info and a review here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3112625.stm

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/article508691.ece
"I tend to think if god wanted us to believe in him, he'd exist" Linda Smith
Updated On: 1/9/09 at 06:37 AM
Winston3
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: French Monty Python show??#3
Posted: 1/10/09 at 1:16am
MamasDoin'Fine, Sister George actually hit the nail on the head with what I was talking about. Now that I think about it, Come in my mouth would have been funnier then sit on my face.

I am guessing that my brother saw it at Riverside Studios considering that he was in London at LSE for a year.
Goodbye Sister Disco