Page: 1

La Grippe Takes Down Norma!

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#1
Posted: 1/6/09 at 8:17pm
Just spoken to a friend of mine who informs me that Kathryn Evans has missed the last 3 or 4 performances in 'Sunset Bld' at The Comedy.
Jessica Martin has been on in her place and has been getting wonderful reviews for her performance.
Ms Martin is a great little performer and has done some brilliant work over the years in the West End and around about.
Think i may seek out a performance of hers -i had no idea she was cover, i must have just missed her name in the program!
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#2
Posted: 1/7/09 at 12:42am
Indeed a wonderful show to go and see, if Jessica is great as people are saying, makes a right blast to the show.
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#2
Posted: 1/7/09 at 6:12am
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!

She was a quiet amazing Mrs Lovett in 'Sweeney' at the Bridewell a number of years back.
I may go see 'Sunset' again if I can see her.

algy Profile Photoalgy Profile Photo
algy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#3
Posted: 1/7/09 at 9:50am
I saw Sunset on Saturday afternoon - and it was indeed Jessica Martin (Evans was described as "indisposed"). Though I didn't find the show stellar (in terms of content or staging) Ms Martin was very good - you wouldn't've guessed she was the understudy.

My main gripe with the production was the cast being the orchestra. I was expecting everyone to whip out a flute at any minute.

Oh, and I didn't recognise Dave Willetts until I went through the biogs properly at the interval (arrived late, just had time to read up on the understudy and try to find out the plot!) and spotted him. I only saw him in the Seven Brides tour back in early 06 and boy does he look different in Sunset.
frazzlemonkey
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#4
Posted: 1/7/09 at 6:33pm
I was at the performance on New Years Day, Jessica Martin's first performance as understudy, and have to say she was indeed very good in the role re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma! If you get the chance to see her, I'd say take it!
Yankeefan007
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: La Grippe Takes Down Norma!#5
Posted: 1/10/09 at 4:32am
I saw it on Wednesday and Evans was in.

And she was tremendous.