Page: 1

Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#1
Posted: 12/4/08 at 11:53pm
Have always loved Matthew Bourne's works but never seen them live before (apart from Mary Poppins), missed Dorian Gray and Nutcracker and this around 2-3 yrs ago so when I heard its returning AND there's a facebook discount for 10 pounds per ticket from 3-5th Dec, I bounced at the chance. Got myself a ticket for a tenner first row of stalls... what a kickass deal!
Well... got myself all excited and was it worth it?? YES DEFINITELY!!! It was one of the most beautiful things I've seen! Ok, the choreography was good and great fun but not like WOW WOW amazing but the costumes, sets and OMG those Danny Elfman tunes with the amazing cast... just turned me into tears at least twice throughout the show!! The curtain call with the snowing foam was definitely a really nice touch! I am especially impressed with Dominic North's Edward, so innocent so cute so adorable.... i liked him so much that i drew him: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well
Go watch the show at Sadlers Well if you can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#2
Posted: 12/5/08 at 12:32am
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well

It is a beautiful production which certainly deserves its continuing success. I haven't seen it since its first Sadlers Wells season and its great to hear its still has that punch.
Now its time they would bring back the stunning 'Cinderella'.

Updated On: 12/5/08 at 12:32 AM
masque2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#2
Posted: 12/5/08 at 4:40pm
I saw this show in Birmingham last month. I was not expecting to be as moved as I was by the ending. (Hehe, I was still crying out in the car after it was over). The dancing was beautiful and so wonderfully put together with Elfman's music. I would love to go see this again, but my budget is too tight this close to the holidays. I can hope for a dvd release release like a few other Matthew Bourne shows. Anybody know any rumors of one?

Great drawing by the way!
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#3
Posted: 12/6/08 at 2:05pm
The DVDs already out there are brilliant if a little hard to come by mostly.
I have them all except 'Cinderella' which wasn't released but broadcast by the BBC, I still need to transfer this from VHS to the new world!
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#4
Posted: 12/6/08 at 5:20pm
I saw this in Cardiff a few years back, and didn't know what to expect, being a huge fan of the film expected to hate. It stands as one of the best stage productions I've ever seen, no doubt about it. Everything about this show wowed me, such a fab show. Reccomend it to anyone :)
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#5
Posted: 12/6/08 at 5:27pm
Great drawing Felix.
RaspberrySparkles Profile PhotoRaspberrySparkles Profile Photo
RaspberrySparkles
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#6
Posted: 12/6/08 at 6:11pm
I saw it last time it was at Sadlers Wells, and I loved it! I rememeber my parents trying to convince me to watch the film and I refused, then they put it on and I started watching, and was really happy when they told me they'd got tickets for it, I cried at the end too haha.
And that's a really cool drawing :)
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#7
Posted: 12/7/08 at 8:07am
I always cry at the end without fail, it isn't even like blatantly sad haha, just touching...
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
Galinda4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#8
Posted: 12/7/08 at 1:01pm
I'm seeing this next week. I have never seen the film/know much about it, would you recommend seeing the film first to have an idea on what's going on?
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#9
Posted: 12/8/08 at 5:45am
I knew nothing to the film and I think I enjoyed it more. My friend who LOVED the film had certain expectations, she still enjoyed it but ... I think there's really no need lol
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#10
Posted: 12/8/08 at 7:26am
I wouldn't see the film just now with seeing the show so close.
Galinda4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#11
Posted: 12/8/08 at 11:41am
Thanks. Will hold off seeing the film until after then!
UKtheatrekid
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#12
Posted: 12/8/08 at 3:30pm
as much as i did love this,
i felt the darker tones of the film werent translated & bourne decided to create a more light hearted
happier version of burtons dark classic.
that being said i still loved it....
and have my tshirt from the original sadlers wells run somewhere....
Nosferatu Profile PhotoNosferatu Profile Photo
Nosferatu
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Edward Scissorhands @ Sadler's Well#13
Posted: 12/13/08 at 5:38pm
I saw this production at the Chatelet Theatre in Paris at the end of October and it was swell. This ballet revisits Burton's film in a very different way. The great ballet scenes were stunning. I cried much more than I had expected but it was worth it !
Sarah bernhardt to a fellow actress: "Have you got stage fright, dear?" "No," the young lady aswered astonished. "Don't worry, it will come along with talent!"