Page: 1

HELP - Why do YOU like musicals so much?

mikelg80 Profile Photomikelg80 Profile Photo
mikelg80
Understudy
Understudy
HELP - Why do YOU like musicals so much?#1
Posted: 11/18/08 at 5:55pm
Hello all, I am currently writing a dissertation for a Masters Degree and could really do with some information from the readers of Broadwayworld.com.

If you could please take a moment to tell me why YOU enjoy musicals, what is it that draws YOU to them, what makes them so appealing? (And if you don't like musicals could you tell me what it is YOU don't like about them)

This is personal to you rather than a generalised reason.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated and would help me out SO much.

Thanks

Michael

Forgot to say; could you please include your gender and age with and response. Thanks again x
Updated On: 11/18/08 at 05:55 PM
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I wish I could have just polled a message board for my dissertation...

On the other hand, I think I got more interesting interview subjects (not to mention a distinction) as a result. +)
mikelg80 Profile Photomikelg80 Profile Photo
mikelg80
Understudy
Understudy
re: HELP - Why do YOU like musicals so much?#2
Posted: 11/19/08 at 10:19am
Ha ha, don't worry this poll is only a small fraction of my dissertation, even if I wanted to I don't think I could string out the responses here to 20,000 words.

So would you like to add to your comment and maybe explain what it is about musical theatre that you like?

Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I rarely find the combination of intellectual and emotional stimulation in anything else.

If they provided physical stimulation as well they'd be a complete boyfriend substitute.

Updated On: 11/19/08 at 03:16 PM