Page: 1

Carmen Cusack set to Defy Gravity in London

CONAries Profile PhotoCONAries Profile Photo
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have just seen an interview with Carmen Cusack (Current US Tour Elphaba) where she said she is going to play the role in London from May 2009 (When Kerry leaves) I am very excited about this, I know alot can and might happen before may, but if this goes to plan, I will very much be looking forward to this!
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I LOVE her!! Where did you see this?!
Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is quite sad in a way, id hoped Alexia Khadime would come back who for me is the best London has had. Or give it to another Brit.
CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
youtube, cant remember the name, but if you search her name and go through the pages you'll find it!
loveplays
Understudy
Understudy
Good for her, I was very happy to read this. London will love her. I saw her twice on the tour here in the US and I think she is the best that I have seen, and I saw the orginal Idena. Out of all that I have seen she is by far the best, she will blow them away in London.
toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Phototoanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I kind of hoped they would keep it in the Brit family.

But at least we know what we're getting from her.

I may have gotten confused, but isn't Carmen Cusack the actress who missed loads of performances? Certainly someone did.
Misplaced Profile PhotoMisplaced Profile Photo
Misplaced
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Wonder if it's part of the Equity Exchange whereby Kerry went to Broadway. It would make sense...if that's the case, she may only be playing Elphaba here for five or six months (depending of course on how the Exchange was arranged).
Janki Profile PhotoJanki Profile Photo
Janki
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Carmen used to work in London before. I remember seeing her in "Les Mis" and "The Secret Garden", she has got a gorgeous voice! But I can't really see her as Elphaba.
I love Lexie Khadime, amazing voice, but the two times I have seen her as "Elphie" she has a tendency to speak very fast, and extremely high pitched. Half of the time you don't understand what she is saying!
Popular...You're gonna be Popuular....;)
angel_star Profile Photoangel_star Profile Photo
angel_star
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
This is soooo sad, I know that she is fabulous but there are soooo many British performers who could rock this role and she has already had her chance of playing it. There already are not enough opportunities for us lot in London so stop taking them away!

They need to get out of this habit of bringing people to and fro from the character of Elphie because it has become a lot more about who is performing it rather than the character. It should go to an unknown who can sing it just as well as any of the stars otherwise where will they get their breaks.

Ashleigh Gray is an INCREIBLE Elphie, but she is only the standby!
Why not give her the role??

Sorry for my rant, and Carmen Cusack is amazing but I just think its a bit unfair.

CONAries
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I would LOVE Alexia Khadime to return after Kerry Ellis, actually, I wish Kerry didnt return and we stuck with Alexia, but, Alexia has confirmed she wont be returning next year!