Page: 1

'Peter Pan' In 3D.

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
'Peter Pan' In 3D.#1
Posted: 11/3/08 at 7:48pm
A brand new, specially designed pavilion in the middle of Kensington Gardens will be home to a new production of J.M Barrie's 'Peter Pan' next summer. The production will be designed by William Dudley who is famous for his use of extreme projection designs for such shows as 'The Woman In White'.
For 'Peter Pan' he is promising audiences the closest they will ever get to seeing live theatre in full 3D.
Full production team details are yet to be finalized.
The production will have a three month run in Kensington Gardens in the appropriately named Neverland Pavillion.
Lets hope it gets to be better than the disastrous Spanish production the West End had to endure earlier this year.

Updated On: 11/3/08 at 07:48 PM
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#2
Posted: 11/3/08 at 7:51pm
Isn't live theatre 3D anyway? I thought that was the point.
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#2
Posted: 11/3/08 at 8:01pm
I was trying to work that myself?
I guess it will just be like the dreadful projections he did for 'The Woman In White' only more headache inducing for the kids!
I certainly couldn't put myself thru another dose of that!
Updated On: 11/3/08 at 08:01 PM
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#3
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:20am
whatever will the come up with next? .. . 'REAL LIFE IN 3D!!!'
luke-h*** Profile Photoluke-h*** Profile Photo
luke-h***
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#4
Posted: 11/8/08 at 2:14pm
Anyone else envision them cutting stage flying and replacing it with 'Fanatstic 3D Flying Sequences'? Hope not...if we want that we can see Starlight Express!
THEATRE 2016: Grey Gardens; SwkPlayhouse, Cats; London Palladium, Into the Woods; Royal Exchange, Show Boat; Sheffield Crucible, Les Liaisons Dangereuses, Prsicilla Queen of the Desert; UK Tour, Narrative; RWCMD, Mojo; RWCMD, The Barber of Seville; WNO, Rabbit Hole; Hampstead, The Marriage of Figaro; WNO, Figaro Gets a Divorce; WNO, Tom: The Musical; UK Tour Upcoming: Anything Can Happen; RWCMD, Cysgy'n Brys'ur, Long Day's Journey Into Night; Bristol Old Vic, Only the Brave, The Caretaker; The Old Vic, People Places and Things, Blue/Orange; Young Vic, Bernadette Peters, Carole King, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts I & II
boyfromoz2 Profile Photoboyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#5
Posted: 6/2/09 at 6:43pm
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.

The Telegraph has a new photo feature with some shots from rehearsals: http://tinyurl.com/qukhql
Updated On: 6/2/09 at 06:43 PM
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#6
Posted: 6/2/09 at 6:46pm
That looks like a set for 'Frankenstein'!
How bizzare.
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#7
Posted: 6/5/09 at 5:34am
Good god. I dont know where to start.

I was a little excited when our work planned an outing last night to go and see this production. Just by that picture in this thread alone i thought we were going to see something special.

Well i'll say one thing. The venue is great. Complete with a hog roast, more pick and mix than you can through a stick at and plenty of ice cream and Pimms.

The major problem though was this production. Yes the 360 degree screen above the stage is there and during the first flying scene it's quite spectacular, but that is it i'm afraid. The sound is horrendous. We were sitting about three rows from the stage and had problems hearing what was going on.

Everyone knows the story of Peter Pan so it was so surprising that the script was so dull and made the whole thing crawl at such a slow pase.

The show is obviously targeted at children (which is fine) but there seems to be nothing here for an older audience. The acting is some of the worst i've seen for a long time, and this whole 3D screen malarky is so old hat, dated and i'm sorry but looks very cheap.

When we live in a world where IMAX, 3D cinema and computer games are the norm, this kind of production simply does not cut it. Dont even get me started on the puppeteer. They even made Tinkerbell look like a crack whore and the rest of the costumes didnt far that better.

What was the second act like? Well i'm afraid we didnt even get that far. We stayed in the bar and polished off another couple of bottle of red.
lovepigeon Profile Photolovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#8
Posted: 6/5/09 at 5:42am
Oh no, I'm going on Tuesday and I was really looking forward to it!!
Paulyd Profile PhotoPaulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#9
Posted: 6/5/09 at 5:54am
Who know you may enjoy it. It just wasnt for me
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: 'Peter Pan' In 3D.#10
Posted: 6/5/09 at 8:39am
On my way home from the final Spring Awakening performance on Friday I spoke to two ladies on the train and they said Peter Pan was amazing. They had barely anything negative to say about it and said they were music teachers and seemed to know what they were talking about (we talked about other shows too).
I am hopefully going to see it some time in its run.